Cursed Knowledge

Lukas' POV

I wonder what's going on?

I questioned while waiting for Jesse to come back so I could ask her. I hated being left in the dark while one of my friends could be suffering, especially Jesse.

For what felt like the longest time ever since the Witherstorm adventure, I've seen what a good, nice, and smart friend Jesse really is. She always puts other's needs before her own, always has a plan that benefits everyone, and would do anything to protect the people she cares about. She even gave me and the 'Blaze Rods' a second chance after we had given her and her friends a hard time after every EnderCon building competition and in Sky City. I just wanted to finally repay all that I owe to Jesse and the rest of the New Order for all they've given me.

Finally she, J, and Reuben came back but she whispered something to J and walked off in a different direction from J and Reuben.

"Where's Jesse going?" I asked J when I walked up to him.

"She said she's going to her 'secret place'" J responded, "She goes there when something's bothering her but she never told me where or what it is."

"Thanks I'll go see", and I was about to run to try and catch up with Jesse, when J caught my arm and said,

"You might not want to pry at Jesse too much...she hasn't been freaked like this since we found out we were twins years ago." J noted with a concerned look.

"I'll be careful", I promised as I ran towards the edge of town.

Time Skip

After a few minutes I managed to catch up with Jesse at the very corner of town where she stopped and pulled some vines out of the way of a ladder that ran up the side of the town's border.

I quietly followed her out and saw her silently make her way in between trees in the dark. When I finally finished tailing her she stopped at a mossy rock and vines covered building that looked like a small temple and she disappeared inside.

Trailing behind, I snuck into the temple a few seconds after Jesse entered and found myself in a small hallway that led to a wooden door at the end. I cautiously opened the door and heard Jesse muttering to herself but I couldn't see her.

Suddenly, something tall and dark rose of from behind the door and I ran in yelling and the thing fell over. I was just about to pull out my bow when I heard someone groan in pain, which turned out to be Jesse with a big pile of books around her and an open book covering her head.

Oh boy...

Jesse's POV

"What's going on?" I groaned. I was pulling off a book that fell on my head when I saw Lukas standing over me with a nervous look on his face.

"What the heck are you doing here!" I demanded to know while trying to pick myself up.

"Sorry! I wanted to talk to you when you came back but you left to... where ever this place is?" He answered while looking around confused.

I sighed but told him,
"This is my secret library. I found it a long time ago as just an empty building but I filled it up with bookshelves and now.. I come here when I'm feeling stressed out."

"Why did you keep this from us?"

"Well almost no one in our group is really interested in books.. Axel is more about explosions and pyrotechnics, Olivia tinkers with Redstone, Petra and J are more into fighting and I wanted sure if you really liked books."

"You could have at least told us where you go off to when you vanish" Lukas retorted until he saw my book choices and I froze and tried to pick them up hurriedly.

"Why are you so interested in The Legend of Herobrine and The Journeys of Steve and Alex?" Lukas questioned as he managed to pick up two books from my fallen stack.

Think of a good cover!
I mentally screamed while trying to think of a good cover story.

"Have you been having nightmares about Herobrine?"

Shoot.. he caught me!

"Alright fine you got me... I've been having these nightmare about Herobrine and another man fighting while Steve and Alex are telling two kids to run away and I think.... that maybe those two kids are me and J and that that nightmare is actually a bad memory I forgot until now." I confessed while looking at my messy stack on the ground trying to cover up tears.

"Why didn't you ask me so I could help you?"

"Because of its true that means that J and I are the niece and nephew of Herobrine since he and Notch are the brothers of Steve(AN-I think of them as brothers in this story). And that would be particularly bad for all of us since it says here..." I pointed to the open page of a book I picked out,"...if Herobrine feels threatened in power by others he will stop at nothing to destroy the individual and anyone involved with that person."

"Yeah, but.. everyone know that Notch sealed Herobrine away in a prison that's 'not of this world' so there shouldn't be a problem with that" Lukas tried to reason calmly.

"But if Herobrine escapes, none of us will be safe..."