"Did you like my gift?"

Gift??

"Only the best for you my sweetheart."

The lights turned green just then.

"Hey need to go. I will see you this weekend."

He heard briefly and then-

"Love you too."

My jaw dropped open

Love you too!

Sweetheart!

I focused my glare solely at Shishir as he started the car and directed in ahead out of the traffic.

Not able to control my feeling I blurted "You seem to be very fond of Betty." I said pointedly.

"Very." Came the response as he turned briefly and smirked at me.

Jerk.

"She holds a special place in my heart." He said touching the left side of his chest briefly before placing that hand back on the steering wheel.

Pompous jerk.

"Great." I spat out fuming.

"I know." he grinned.

"I hope you have a nice time this weekend."

"I am sure I will."

I think I heard a chuckle. He better not be laughing right now!

"Good." I said in response not ready to let go of the conversation yet.

Betty was most certainly no five year old neighbour!

My attention snapped back at the man at the sound of a whistle tune. He is whistleing a merry tune!

"You seem to be very happy." I said fuming under my breath.

"Very." He agreed, emphasising on the word as he pulled the car inside the gates of his apartment block.

As soon as the car stopped I tried to get out of the car only to find the door was locked.

I felt my hand being tugged and felt myself hit Shishir's chest,

"I gifted her these earrings." He said showing me his phone screen -a beautiful pair of gold earring, with multi coloured stones studded on it.

I fumed angrily and felt my fingers curl in a fist.

Before I could react he pulled me closer and brought his mouth near my ears. "I ordered them online- as my Rakhi gift to her."

He whispered the last part, with laughter dripping from his voice.

I shut my eyes feeling my cheeks warm up.

"W-why are you telling me all this?" I blurted

"You are my girlfriend so you should know the people close to me." He said laughing softly. "You were not jealous back then were you?"

"N- no! No no. Of course not." I said quickly. Too quickly.

The cheeky man's grin broadened. "Right." He drawled and I wanted to slap that grin off his face.

Silly Suvi! You made a complete fool of yourself I thought fighting an urge to face palm.

Instead I looked at the totally infuriating man "I had in fact been wondering why you were not asking any questions of - you know the gap in memory."

I really was curious at the sudden change in his emotions from before he sat in the car.

I saw a flicker of emotion pass on his face and he shrugged "I knew you would not tell me and would probably ignore me and give me a silent treatment."