I frowned as the sound of soft sob reached my ears.

"I am sorry. I really am."

Rita! I recognised her voice. Why is she crying and what is she apologising for?

"When three years back Ricky asked me to help him I really thought it was to help Shishir." She sniffled.

Her next words chilled me to the bone. "I had no idea about – about you almost getting raped by him."

I felt a pain shoot in my chest as I closed my eyes for a moment.

"It was not his fault. I have already spoken to Shishir that I am not pressing any charges against him." Suvi's softly spoken words made me snap open my eyes.

I stood there for a minute and realised she had actually gone and met Ricky who is now behind bars.

Manipulated? I frowned as that word reached my ears. I walked away unnoticed and entered my study.

I looked around but got no details of the said night.

Maybe be documents were in my office?

I saw some files with 'Aditya.' Written on them. Who is he? I ran my hands on my hair in frustration.

I got up making up my mind about a plan forming in my mind. I would need to get my own answers since asking others would not help.

I walked out to see Rita had left and Suvi bent over the table arranging the fruit basket.

I stood there watching her, feeling a wave of protectiveness wash over me. I frowned as I remembered her conversation with her Mami last night.

Clearly she had been defending me. But why? How was I connected to all this?

Suvi turned suddenly.

"Shishir ! When did you come?"

I smiled at her, "Just now." I said not liking I was lying to her.

***

I looked at the officer in charge as I sat across from him. I had to tread slowly in my investigation, without letting him guess about my concussion.

"Mr. Mehrotra." He smiled before pointing at my bandaged head. "What happened?"

I sighed in relief realising he was not aware of the accident. Of course the officer I had met after gaining consciousness in hospital was a different one, but still had to make sure.

"A minor mishap." I shrugged trying to sound casual. I had read in the flies he was taking care of Ricky's and the unknown Aditya's case so had sneaked out to come and meet him.

"So, how is the case shaping up?" I asked making my voice sound stern, hoping I would get away with it.

"Slow." He said shaking his head. "I got your application about pressing no charge against the young lad."

I sucked in my breath as my palm fisted into a ball. I knew he is talking about Ricky. I had actually given that application? What was I thinking?

Not wanting to give my state of mind I nodded quietly encouraging him to go on. "He will be released very soon. But the problem is with Mr. Saxena."

Saxena? Who is he now?

"Um – What is the problem?" I ventured tentatively.

"The same! He refuses to confess even with evidence against him. If not for your clever deduction, we would have continued to think he is your neighbour Mr. Kapoor and not your cousin Aditya Saxena!" the officer said shaking his head.

My mind buzzed with all this information. Why does this seem like a never ending labyrinth? I take one step towards target and end up coming face to face with a new wall!

I sat there talking for a few minutes, trying to keep up without giving my state of mind.

I got up "I will see if I can get something more on this." I said shaking the officer's hand, not having any clue how to go about getting more information when I did not even remember the details of all that had occurred.

"We should be able to release Ricky in another day or two." He responded by way of assurance making my jaws clench.

I stepped out feeling a sickening feeling invade my gut. Aditya is my cousin Golu! I could figure out his hatred towards me but how and why did Suvi get involved?

I felt a helpless rage surge within me as I reached my car. An angry growl erupted from my throat as I banged my hand in frustration on the roof of my car.

"Damn! Damn! Damn!" I burst out banging my hand again and again not caring about the pain as my palm hit the metal repeatedly.

I felt a hand on my back and I snapped my head round in rage, only to come face to face with a furious looking Suvi.

"You were supposed to be asleep in your room Shishir ! How dare you sneak out, while pretending to sleep? Do you know how worried we were?" She shouted.

It made me angrier. "Worried? Do you know how I am feeling? Not remembering what happened and feeling so damn helpless!" I roared at her, not caring about the spectacle we were creating.

"Shishir, calm down. "Suvi said lowering her voice. "You know this is temporary. If you stress it will only deteriorate your condition."

"I don't give a damn!" I spat out angrily. "How can I stay calm after knowing a bloody jerk tried to-" I stopped not able to utter the word "And you are letting him go!" I said glaring at her.

"Fine! Continue shouting so that you face a setback in your condition and then you cannot help me at all!" Suvi flung at me her own face flushed with anger.

I closed my eyes at her words. "So help me Suvi." I said trying to control my anger.

"I will come with him. Thank you for bringing me here." I heard Suvi say and looked up.

Charles! Our eyes met and I saw the pain in his eyes. He nodded slowly and sat in the car and drove away.

He is a good man. I know that, with or without memory I know he is not a betrayer but I cannot let go of what Ricky did!

"Can we sit inside the car now or do you want to scream your lungs out for some more time?" Suvi asked sarcastically.

I shook my head at her as I opened the door.

Infuriating woman!

&&&

Hope the chapter made a good read.

Shishir is in pain, no doubt but he has Suvi beside him to see him through this!

How do you think things will shape up now?

Do comment and please vote.:)

Love, from me to you.:)

Pre cap Chapter 56.

Shishir's POV.

I turned my attention back to the file I was going through with Danny and Rahul in my study as soon as Suvi went out of my study, warning me not to stress.

I am not letting go of Ricky so easily no matter what Suvi says. I open my mouth but before I can say anything Rahul says "I really like her! I will make her my wife very soon."

"Who?" Danny asked before I can.

"Suvarna." He sighed with a dreamy look on his face.

I got up, my chair crashing down behind me.

I had almost reached him when Danny came and forcibly stopped me. I looked at him even as I could feel my face flamed up with heat.

Rahul is in some deep trouble! LOL!

Buh bye till next time.