Ch 60. Welcome To West Bite

Start from the beginning

"You can't prove it. No one will believe you and everyone will think that you are crazy." I said, then let go of his collar. I walked to Amber, looking back him with a worried expression. No one would believe him. But I knew something. He'd somehow ruin me. 

¤¤¤

"What did he say to you, Audree?" Amber kept grilling me. I tried to shrug it off but she wouldn't let it slide. "Seriously, Audree. Tell me! It seemed like he was threatening you. I don't want you involved in this I'll fix this myself!"

"It's nothing, Amber!" I sighed. "He said something that freaked me out but he it's not anything serious." I looked around, making sure that Craig wasn't following us. How did he know about my ability? No one in the whole world knew about it except of Matt, mom and Krystal. I had never told anyone else. I turned to Amber, grabbing her shoulders. "Amber."

"What is it...?" she looked at me with big round eyes.

"I think you need to quit West Bite. If the boss doesn't want you to get any jobs you are only wasting your time." Amber was hesitating but in the end she knew it too that it was useless to stay there.

"I want to. But I did sign a contract." I grinned at her. 

"We'll fix this." I said to her. "We might need to structure this up."

¤¤¤

It felt awkward to go back after my rejection. But it had to be done. "I need to see Craig Maste." I told the same girl at the lobby. This time she just called Craig immediately, telling him that the "crazy girl" from before was back.

It didn't take long until he was down there at the lobby, standing right in front of me. I was looking up at him, thinking to myself to do this well. I glanced at Amber behind me. She looked calm this time. I looked straight into his eyes. I wouldn't let him see through me. He would fall for the trap. "I'm here to take up your offer."

"You're kidding." he chuckled at me. Craig straightened his tie as if he didn't have anything to do. "You were here 30 minutes ago. You said that you'd never join West Bite."

I needed to come up with something. "I still haven't found an acting job. I don't work part-time either for now. I need money. So I'll help you with my ability if you pay me 1000 dollar per hour." I reasoned with him. It was a high price, but I knew that he'd pay up. There was nobody else who could help him except of my mom. "And I want Amber to get back her job." Craig didn't even try to lower the price.

"It's taken." Craig smiled at me. "Seems like you'll be my worker from now on."

"I guess so." I shook his hand then gave him a smile. He broke the handshake to hug me. It felt gross.

"I need to show you around!" he shrieked, then pulled me into the lift. I waved at Amber that was sitting on a bench in the lobby. She smiled at me, giving me a surreptitious thumbs up. The lift stopped and I only saw a long hall when the doors opened. "Now this is the most important room we have in the whole building. My office!" We entered a big room with lots of wine red. Wine red draping, wine red chairs, wine red everything. "The boss's room!"

After just five minutes I had gotten into his office. It was scary how fast I had gotten in. He was trusting me too fast. "I'm not falling for it."

"For what?"

"You wanting to join West Bite for money." he grinned. "You're acting is good, Audree. Very good. You'll be one of our best actresses. But you clearly want to join because you want to access this very room and ruin this contract." He was holding up a contract. Amber's contract. My plan was completely ruined. "So it seems like you'll have to join for real. Or I will make Amber pay up the damages of not following the contract."

"You can't do this!!!" I yelled at him. I hit his table, trembling. "Amber hasn't broken any kind of rules."

"Oh yes I can. She let out business information, which can affect our success." he said while looking out the window showing the whole city. "Also, her contract is binding for at least two years. She can't get out of the contract unless we ourselves attempt to release her." I flinched. Awful conditions. I remembered how Amber didn't read the contract in the midst of the drama between Clair and I. Craig turned around with a smug smile. "You are going working for us, Melany-girl." He showed me another contract. "This is your contract. Unless you sign this, Amber will have to pay 500 000 dollars for breaking the contract." He slid the contract closer to me, then a pen. I looked at the contract, feeling tears fill my eyes. I couldn't let Amber pay that because of me. I grabbed the pen. Then signed the contract. Craig was smiling at me, then took both of the contracts, my contract and Amber's, and locked it inside a  vault that was attached to the wall. He locked it with a password with thousands of numbers and letters.

"Welcome to West Bite, Audree Melany."

__________________________________

Ohno.... Commotes