52

| chapter fifty-two

I stare out the front window as I watch the moving crew taking boxes from the house and placing them in the back of the truck.

"Dad, please." I turn around and see Jacob following Austin into the kitchen. Austin sighs and runs his hand down his face.

"Are you really going to leave me for these people you only met a few months ago?" Austin scolds and takes a seat at the table.

I feel the pain in my chest as I hear Austin referring to my mother and I as just "these people."

"I love her, dad." Jacob looks over at me. I give him a small smile and return my focus outside. My mom smiles as she is talking to the driver of the truck. I'm glad to see she's not letting this affect her too much.

"You know what? I don't care, do whatever you want." I hear Austin push his chair back in and pace back and forth in the kitchen. "You're really pissing me off." He adds on, sounding more angry this time.

"How?" Jacob laughs.

"You don't even know what love is!" Austin yells, causing me to flinch.

"Yeah, well neither do you! Cheating on someone for months, maybe take your own advice before targeting me!" Jacob yells just as loud.  My eyes go wide and I turn around.

"Come on, Sky." Jacob walks towards me and holds his hand out. We both exit the house and walk onto the porch.

I take a deep breath and sit on the porch swing. Jacob sits next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I look down.

"For what?" He asks, pulling me closer to him.

"All this drama," I look over at him. He plants a kiss on my forehead and looks away.

"I'm going with you, Skylar. I'm not staying with someone like him. He's a dick." Jacob says, referring to his dad. I nod, feeling guilty at the same time.

"Are you sure?" I ask, putting my hands in my hoodie pocket. He nods his head and smiles.

"I'm positive, baby."

"Kids!" My mom shouts from the driveway. "Could you come help me with this?"

Jacob and I both get up from the porch swing, walking down the steps to the driveway. I see my mom struggling to shut the trunk and let out a small giggle.

He walks past me and applies pressure on the trunk, closing it instantly.

"Oh," My mom looks embarrassed. I smile and shake my head.

"Well, I think we're done." My mom looks at the filled moving truck. I stare at the house in front of us, just to think everything was fine when we first moved in.

"Did you ask your father, honey?" My mom asks Jacob. He nods his head and puts his hands in his pockets.

"I'm going," Jacob smiles. My mom pulls him in for a hug and they stay like that for awhile until we all hear the front door opening.

We turn our heads and see Austin with his keys in his hand. He walks to his car that was parked in front of the house and gets in, starting it up. He speeds off without saying anything and I let out a sigh.

"I'm guessing he didn't take it well," My mom looks over at Jacob. He shakes his head and looks down at the ground.

"I'm sorry," She apologizes. "Whenever you're ready, I believe we can go." After saying this my mom gets in front seat of the car.

I look over at Jacob and he faces me. Both his hands grab my face and he licks my bottom lip before pressing our lips together.

My mom honks the horn, causing us both to quickly pull away. "None of that!" She pokes her head out of the window and looks at us both.

I nervously laugh and cross my arms.

"We'll have to finish that later." Jacob smirks and winks. I smile and nod my head in agreement.

-

We pull up to the house with the moving truck behind us. Jacob traces his index finger along the back of my hand. I look over at him and grin.

My mom shuts off the car and we all get out. Jacob still had a few items at the old house, so he would be getting them this weekend.

It was about a six hour ride, but I agreed I would go with him.

"You know, Hannah lives only about thirty minutes away." I inform Jacob and smile at the thought of seeing her again.

"That's cool, babe." He smiles and kisses my temple. "This house looks nice," He adds on, running up to the front door.

I laugh and follow behind him. I open the front door and watch as Jacob runs up the stairs.

"Which room is yours?" He asks, turning around to face me.

"Right there," I point to the white door on the left. He nods and opens up the door. I look at my bed that was still there along with some posters I forgot to bring with me.

"Really, Skylar?" Jacob looks at the Dave Franco poster on my wall.

"He's my celebrity crush, shut up." I shrug my shoulders and Jacob laughs.

He jumps onto the bed and lays back. I sit on the bed and Jacob pulls me on top of him. Both my legs were resting on each side of him.

I place my hands on his chest and he looks up at me, smiling.

"I love you," He says softly, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you too," I lean down and attach our lips together. Both his hands travel down to my hips, squeezing gently. He slips his tongue between my lips, deepening the kiss.

Jacob flips us over so he was on top, hovering over me. He slips off his shirt and tosses it on the spot next to us.

My shirt is pulled off next and Jacob leaves wet kisses along my neck. I bite my lip and place my hands on his shoulders.

He leaves a trail of kisses down to my collarbone.

"It's the one on the left." We both hear a deep voice say from down the hall. Jacob grabs his shirt and puts it back on. Also helping to put mine on.

We both sit up and the door opens.

A man comes in with a box and sets it on the floor. He looks over at Jacob and I and smiles before disappearing back downstairs.

"Every time," Jacob loudly sighs. I chuckle and kiss his cheek.

-

So this boy bumped into me and I kinda got scared, but when I looked up he was cute as fuck so I was kinda just like "please do it again."
- B