07

| chapter seven

I open the front door and quietly step inside the house. I make sure to keep the noise down since I was past curfew.

Right as I finish closing the door, and turn around, Jacob is walking down the stairs.

"Guess who's late?" He asks, approaching me. "You are." He grins and walks into the dining room.

"Please don't say anything, Jacob." I plead, sitting across from him at the table.

"That's gonna cost you." He replies, looking at me. I glare at him, not interested at all.

"Cost me what exactly?" I ask, very annoyed.

"Not sure yet, but I'll think of something." He says before getting up from the table, and dismissing himself.

-

It was now Friday. I sit in my room continuing to do the algebra homework that was assigned last week, but being me I never finished it. All of a sudden I hear the front door close, followed by loud stomps.

"Mom?" I call out.

A few moments later a tall figure stands outside my door. The door handle slowly turns, and swings open.

"Yes sweetie?" Jacob mocks me, pretending to be my mom.

"Ha ha very funny." I shoot him a glare.

"I know." He smiles, coming further into my room, and seating himself at my desk.

"So, Sky. What happened between you and Mario?" He asks, playing with a string hanging from his shirt.

My heart immediately drops when these words leave his mouth. The night I went out with him was a mistake.

"Um.. nothing." I lie.

"Bullshit." He says bluntly.

"Fine, if you don't tell me I'll just ask Mario myself." He adds, smirking.

"No!" I yell much louder than I intended to.

Jacob raises his hands in defense.

"Come here." I say. Jacob sits on my bed next to me and I take a deep breath.

*falshback*

Mario and I had just finished eating at Red Lobster, and were now on the road.

He hadn't talked to me at all, and I was too nervous to start the conversation.

A few minutes go by and I notices he misses the turn to my house.

"Mario, you missed the turn?" I say as more of a question. He keeps his eyes on the road, not paying attention to me at all.