29

| chapter twenty-nine

"Your friend Hunter is really cute." Hannah tells me while blushing. We were both laying on the floor in the living room. She would be staying with us for a little while, and I was so excited.

"Does little innocent Hannah have a crush?" I ask teasing her.

"I'm not innocent." She clamps her hand over my mouth. "Shut up."

"Hey, that's no way to treat your best friend." She rolls her eyes at my comment. The front door opens and I turn my head.

Jacob walks in along with Hunter. I look over at Hannah and wiggle my eyebrows up and down.

"Stop." She wines, causing me to laugh.

"Hello, ladies." Hunter says, plopping down onto the couch.

"Hi." Hannah says shyly. I shake my head, the cringe.

"Did you get the food?" I ask them, propping myself up with my elbow.

"Yeah." Jacob says sitting on the couch besides Hunter. "Here." He throws the grocery bag at my head.

"Ow." I glare at him, rubbing the spot. He grins and I roll my eyes.

I open the bag up and take out the bags of chips and cosmic brownies. I hand Hannah a bag of chips and she opens it, taking handfuls.

"She acts like she hasn't eaten in years." Jacob says amused.

"I like it." Hunter smirks. When he says this, Hannah starts to practically choke on her mouthful of chips.

"Sorry, she's a little flop." I say, patting her back. She glares at me and hides under the blankets.

"I'm bored." I complain, taking a bite out of my cosmic brownie.

"Well, you have a car now. Let's go do something." Hunter says, while looking at his phone.

"Like what?" I ask, taking another bite.

"They just opened up this new skating rink downtown." Jacob chimes in. I've never been skating before.

"Skating rink?" Hannah says, poking her head out of the blankets.

"You look like a baby caterpillar." I say, ruffling her hair. She sits up and crosses her arms.

"Okay, skating it is." I stand up and walk towards the front door. "Are you guys coming or what?" I look back at everyone, still in the living room.

-

"Hunter, would you stop jumping around in your seat. I can't concentrate!" I yell while looking in my rear view mirror.

He pouts and crosses his arms. "Okay, mom." He mutters.

"What was that?" I raise an eyebrow.