02

| chapter two

I sit on the couch with my head in my hands. I still couldn't process what had just happened. I mean a little brother would be fun, but an older one? Lord save me.

The front door opens and I lift my head. Austin walks in first, soon followed by Jacob. I can immediately smell the dinner from their hands, which was pizza.

I get up from the couch and follow them into the kitchen. After grabbing a piece of the pepperoni pizza, I sit at the table.

"So Skylar, are you excited to start at your new school tomorrow?" Austin asks me. I finish my bite of pizza, and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Somewhat." I say truthfully. I notice Jacob smile, and try to hide it. This causes me to smile as well.

"How about Jacob shows you around?" My mother suggests, looking between the both of us.

"Yeah, sure." He says getting up. I finish the last of my pizza, and also get up from the table.

He begins to walk up the stairs. Out of nowhere he stops, causing me to bump into him.

"You don't pay much attention, do you?" He turns around and laughs. I play with the bottom of my shirt, nervously looking down.

"Relax kid, I'm just messing with you." He puts both his hands on my shoulders and shakes me lightly.

"Hey, I'm only a year younger." I say, crossing my arms. A smirk appears on his face and he shakes his head.

We walk a little further down the hall. Jacob places his hand on one of the doors, "This is the bathroom." He explains and opens the door.

Many hair products are laying all over the counter, and I can't help but laugh.

"These can't all be yours." I say bluntly scanning the counter once more.

"And if they are?" He raises an eyebrow and shuts the door. "Anyways," he says walking further down the hallway.

"This is my room." He says standing in front of the white door. "Off limits."

Oh, I'll definitely be finding a way in there later.

-

Love you all.
           -B