31

| chapter thirty-one

"So that's really how the movie ends?" Hannah questions as the credits to the movie appear on the screen.

"Well, now you know there's gonna be a sequel." Jacob explains to her and she nods her head.

Jacob and I were sitting on the couch, and Hannah was sprawled out on the floor in front of us.

"I don't wanna go to school tomorrow." I shrug.

"I don't have to go to school." Hannah cheers and sticks her tongue out at me. I roll my eyes and chuck the nearest pillow at her head.

"Bitch." She mumbles.

"Hannah cussed!" Jacob yells childishly, with a grin. She shoots him a glare and he chuckles.

"What are you gonna do when we're at school?" I ask Hannah. She dramatically taps her index finger against her chin pretending to think.

"I got nothing." She sighs.

"Well we have a half day, so we could stop by here afterwards and pick you up to go get lunch." I suggest and she smiles.

"Sounds good."

-

*next day*

I was sitting in the back of fourth block, chewing on the top of my wooden pencil. This bell needed to ring already.

"Okay, so are there any-" My teacher is cut off by the sound of the bell. Everyone rushes to the door and she sighs, taking off her glasses.

I quickly stuff my binder into my backpack, and slide it over my shoulders.

I walk out the front entrance of the school and unlock my car, getting inside. It was hot outside, so I make sure to turn on the air conditioner.

I pull out my phone and open the Instagram app. The same old selfies and pointless pictures of food appear on my timeline. Nothing special.

All of a sudden there is a knock on the back window. I look over and see Hunter with a big grin. I softly laugh before unlocking the door for him.

"Took you long enough." I tease as he takes his backpack off and sits in the seat.

"At least I'm here before, Jacob." He says proudly. He did have a point. Where was Jacob anyways? Isn't he excited school is over?

I turn on the radio, and flip through a few stations. I stop on my favorite station of all time.

'Shape of You' by Ed Sheeran comes on.

I smile and sing along.

"Hey Skylar," Hunter says from the backseat.