12

| chapter twelve

Tonight is the last night camping. Honestly, I was kind of sad. I've had so much fun these past couple days.

We were all sitting around the fire pit making s'mores. While eating the s'mores, Jacob decided it would be a good idea to tell a scary story. Even better, it was about a group of teenagers who were murdered in the woods.

I could tell I wasn't getting any sleep tonight.

"You guys wanna do something?" Brianna asks, finishing the last bite of her s'more.

"Like what?" I ask, leaning back in the chair. She shrugs.

"I don't know. Something fun." She smiles.

"We could go swimming again." Jacob suggests.

"But the water is probably cold." I whine.

"That's the best part." He winks, getting up. Hunter and Brianna get up as well and I sigh. Guess I'm outnumbered.

I stand up from my chair, and Hunter holds out his hand. I smile before taking his hand in mine and we walk to the dock.

"Just jump in!" Jacob yells at Brianna. She nervously scans the water.

"Oh, what the hell." She says before jumping in. Brianna begins to scream, causing all of us to laugh.

"Our turn!" Hunter excitedly yells.

He tightens his grip around my hand. When Hunter counts to three, we run down the dock and jump into the water.

I shiver when I float back to the top. The water was freezing. My bottom lip wouldn't stop quivering.

Hunter notices and wraps his arms around me. His body was so warm compared to mine.

"You're so warm. How?" I ask, putting my arms over his shoulders.

He smiles and shakes his head.

"What?" I ask looking into his eyes.

"Nothing, Skylar. You're just really beautiful."

I look down and try to hide my smile. I was blushing so bad, this is embarrassing.

-

"I don't know how to tell you." Brianna says pacing back and forth across the room. I was snuggled up in the blankets trying to keep warm.

"Just tell me!" I say, anxiously. She stops pacing and looks at me.

"I like Jacob."

My eyes go wide and I awkwardly cough. She likes Jacob? My soon to be stepbrother Jacob? Something inside me felt a little upset.

"When did you start liking him?" I ask, pulling the blanket closer to me.

She sits on the end of the bed and faces me.

"I've always had a little thing for him, but after getting closer and hanging out more.. I really like him." She explains, I could tell she was happy by her tone.

I fake a smile, "That's so cute."

-

Chapter 13 Aye. So Brianna likes Jacob. Your thoughts?❤️ comment/vote/give ya girl a follow ;)
- B