44

| chapter forty-four

I put on the last layer of my mascara before walking downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Jacob smiles, holding his hand out. I nod my head attaching my hand with his.

Tonight we would be going to Jacob's baseball game. Since I didn't go last time, this would be my first game. I was excited to see him play.

Jacob and I leave the house, walking outside to Hunter's car. You know, since we both don't have cars at the moment.

"What's good, my dudes?" Hunter says as we enter the car. Jacob was up front, and I was in the back.

"I'm not your dude." I shake my head, shutting the car door.

"Yes you are." Hunter says, while pulling away from the house.

"Whatever, Rowland." I buckle my seatbelt, leaning my head against the window.

-

"Number 17 coming in hot, he makes third base, and... home run!" The announcer yells.

I stand up and clap my hands together. "Go, Jacob!"

The team runs from the dugout and surrounds, Jacob.

"Well that's it, home wins." The announcer says. I smile as these words leave his mouth.

"You're so in love." Jade laughs as I sit back down.

"Hey, he's just doing a good job." I explain, taking a piece off of my cotton candy.

"Mhm." She says sarcastically. I shrug, putting the cotton candy on my tongue, feeling it melt.

People begin to leave the bleachers. I throw my trash away at the nearest trash can and go to the field with Jade behind me.

"We won!" Hunter yells at the top of his lungs, running around in circles.

"He's so dramatic." Jacob states while walking towards me.

"I know." I laugh, watching Hunter who was now running around the field.

A quick yawn leaves my mouth. "Are you tired?" Jacob asks.

"What? No." Another yawn leaves my mouth. "Goddammit." I mumble.

"Yes you are." Jacob chuckles.

"Hunter, are you ready to go?" Jacob yells at Hunter who was on the opposite side of the field.

"Yeah, coming." Hunter yells, running towards us.

I give Jade a hug, exchanging goodbye's. Along with some other boys on the team.

"So, how did it feel to score the winning point?" I ask Jacob as we were walking to Hunter's car.

"Amazing." He smiles, opening the car door for me. Jacob and I were both in the back this time since their friend, Logan from the team was riding with us.

Hunter starts up the car, pulling out of the crowded parking lot.

I start humming along to a song stuck in my head while looking out the window.