30

| chapter thirty

My eyes slowly open, and I immediately yawn. I wasn't in my room like I expected. I was in Jacob's.

He was resting his arm across my waist, and his head in the crook of my neck.

My eyes begin to feel heavy again until I hear a knocking on the door.

"Jacob?" I hear Austin say on the other side of the door. Jacob doesn't open his eyes, he only groans in response.

The door suddenly opens and Austin looks over at us on the bed. He looks slightly surprised to see me at first before speaking.

"Oh, um hey Skylar." He says, sitting on the chair in front of Jacob's desk. "You slept in here last night?" He questions.

I nervously remove Jacob's arm from my waist and sit up. "Yeah."

"Why?" He asks, rubbing his hand down his face. I take a deep breath.

"I had a nightmare and Hannah was asleep so I didn't want to wake her." I lie.

He nods his head and smiles. "Oh alright, well I'm sure Jacob didn't mind."

I smile to myself, until I feel a guilty feeling. I didn't have a nightmare, I just wanted to be with Jacob because I felt like it.

"Well, I was going to tell you two that your mom wanted us to go look for a venue for the wedding, so we're planning on being gone all day."

I nod my head and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well, okay." Austin stands up. "Tell Jacob where we are when he wakes up." With this said, he leaves the room.

I sigh in relief and lay back onto the bed. I look over and Jacob is still sound asleep.

"Jacob." I whisper, poking his nose. He stirs a little, but still nothing. I sigh and stand up, standing in front of the bed and facing him.

"Jacob!" I yell loudly, jumping into the bed and tackling him.

"Skylar." He says in a raspy tone, opening his eyes. "I'm awake, alright?" He wraps his arms around me.

I smile. "Good."

I roll off the bed and stretch, a lazy grunt leaving my lips. Jacob looks over at me and laughs.

"Skylar!" I hear a yell from across the hall. I hurry over to the door and walk into the hall, hearing the yelling again coming from my room.

I open the door and see Hannah sitting in front of my mirror.

She looks back at me. "Why isn't this straightening my hair?"

I walk over to her and pick up the hot pink hair straightener. I look at Hannah in disbelief.

"Well maybe if you plugged it in." I say sarcastically, kneeling down and plugging the cord into the outlet.

"Oops." She shrugs and sections her hair. I shake my head and walk over to my closet, picking out an outfit.

 I shake my head and walk over to my closet, picking out an outfit