51

| chapter fifty-one

"Come on, Sky. We just need to get this over with." Jacob says. The shower was still running so we knew she couldn't hear us.

"I'm scared." I admit, looking down at the floor. Jacob puts his hand under my chin, lifting my head up so we were making eye contact.

"It's going to be okay, in case you haven't noticed, your mom is actually a very nice lady." He says, causing me to smile. I know my mom was nice, it's just teen girls and their mothers fight sometimes.

"I'll do all the talking." He adds on, pecking my lips. I nod my head and nervously tap my fingers against my thigh.

The shower shuts off and I take a deep breath. Jacob looks over at me and sends me a smile. I quickly kiss his forehead before pulling away and sitting back down.

The bathroom door opens and my mom walks out with her pajamas on and soaking wet hair. She looks over at us and raises an eyebrow.

"Why are you two looking at me like that? Did you already break something?" She jokes, looking around the room.

Jacob stands up from the bed and holds his hand out. I nervously attach my hand with his and stand up next to him.

My mom sends us a confused look. "What's wrong?"

"I think this would be easier if you were sitting down," Jacob says. My mom shrugs and sits down on the foot of the bed, facing Jacob and I.

"Well," Jacob looks over at me then back at my mom. "Ms. Roberts I love your daughter very much."

She smiles. "I'm glad you two really act like brother and sister."

I cringe at her words and look up at Jacob. He nervously scratches the back of his neck.

"Let me correct myself," He takes a deep breath and tightens his grip around my hand. "I'm in love with your daughter, Ms. Roberts."

"What do you mean you're in love with her?" She asks with concern and looks between the both of us.

"We're dating, mom." I say, breaking the tension already. Her eyes go wide and she shifts on the bed.

"You're what?" She clears her throat, keeping her eyes strictly locked with mine.

"Dating." Jacob says proudly. I look over at him and notice the happy smile on his face.

"How long has this been going on?" My mom asks, crossing one leg over the other.

"Well, we haven't started dating until recently-"

"But I've loved her for a very long time." Jacob cuts me off. I can't help my shyly smile and blush.

"Do you love him, Skylar?" She asks me. I look up at Jacob and back at her.

"Yes," I nod my head.

"I'm not sure how I really feel about all of this, but I'm not going to prevent my baby from being with someone she loves." She says and my face lights up.

"Really?" I ask in excitement. She softly laughs and nods her head. I tackle her with a hug, causing us both to fall back onto the bed.

"I love you, mom." I smile widely and tighten my hug around her body.

I let go of her embrace and stand up from the bed. I walk towards Jacob and wrap my arms around him. It felt so nice to finally be held by him without being worried.

"Does Austin know about this?" Mom asks, causing Jacob and I to pull apart. I shake my head. "No."

She sighs. "I was afraid you were going to say that."

"I'll tell him," Jacob says.

"Well, I'm sure you could already guess, but Skylar and I will no longer be living there." My mom looks between Jacob and I. He lets out a deep breath and looks up at the ceiling.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously, wrapping my arm around Jacob's back. He looks down at me and kisses the top of my head.

"Well, I never sold the house, so we're going back home." She softly smiles. I begin to think of all the memories I have made here.

"B-but what about Jacob?" I ask, feeling my chest get heavy.

"I don't know, sweetheart." She gives me a sympathetic look and stands up from the bed.

"He could stay with us." I suggest, remembering the guest bedroom back at my old house.

"I'm afraid that's not up to me. That is up to his father." My mom says while looking through her purse. She never said no, meaning it's all up to Austin.

"Trust me, I'll convince him." Jacob tells me, sitting on the foot of our bed we were sharing. I sit next to him and look down at my phone.

It was already 2:00 am.

Jacob lays back and pulls me next to him. I rest my head against his chest and pull the blanket over us once my mom turns off the lights.

"I love you, Skylar." He whispers against my head, kissing my forehead softly.

"I love you too, Jacob." I whisper back, intertwining our fingers under the blanket.

Just one decision would determine Jacob and I's future.

-

Double update! Only a couple chapters left to this book. 💖
- B