13

| chapter thirteen

I was making my way through hell, you may know it as school.

In this distance I could see Jacob and Brianna by his locker. Ever since Brianna told me she liked him, they've been very close.

He had his hands on her waist and her arms around his neck.

I have to admit, seeing this makes me angry. I'm not sure why, because it's not like Jacob and I have a thing going on.

Now that I think about it, he really hasn't been talking to me at all. Ever since we dropped Hunter off after camping and he gave me a peck on my lips, Jacob seemed a little off.

It wasn't like Hunter and I were making out or anything, it was a simple peck.

Plus, why would he be mad about that? It's not like he cares. He's obviously focused on Brianna.

"Hey, Sky." Jade says approaching me. I immediately smile and embrace her with a hug. I've really missed Jade.

"Hey." I simply say pulling away.

"How have you been?" She asks.

"Pretty good." I say, and adjust my backpack on my shoulders.

"Good! By the way, you're still coming over tomorrow night right?" She asks.

Jade had invited me over to her house since her mom was crazy rich. Apparently she doesn't see her mom a whole lot, but when she does it's always worth it.

"Yeah." I flash her a smile. We both walk into the lunch room and sit at a table on the right side.

"Hey Victoria's Secret model." Blake says sitting down. I glare and roll my eyes.

"Real original." I shake my head, and Jade laughs.

Everyone else in the group sits down and we all eat our food. Jacob wouldn't even glance at me. Seriously, what was his issue?

For the rest of lunch we all just catch up and discuss the latest gossip going on in this hell hole.

School goes by fast, and I couldn't be happier. I was exhausted, and on top of all of that, it was Monday.

I open the front door and take off my shoes. I make my way upstairs and change into my adidas joggers and a hoodie.

These were my comfy clothes, which was definitely a must have right now.

I open my bedroom door back up and make my way downstairs. Mom and Austin weren't home yet, but I notice Jacob sitting on the couch watching t.v.

"Hey." I say. Please answer me back, if he doesn't this will be so awkward.

He looks over at me and sets down the remote. "Hey."

"Are you mad?" I blurt out, instantly regretting it. He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, a little."

"Why?" I walk a little closer and sit next to him on the couch.

"No reason." He shrugs his shoulders.

"There is a reason. Tell me." I look into his eyes.

"Are you and Hunter together?" He asks.

"No."

"You guys obviously have something. What are you guys?" He looks up at the t.v, avoiding eye contact.

"Why do you even care, Jacob?" After saying this, he looks into my eyes and leans a little closer to me.

"Because Skylar, maybe I fucking li-" He gets up from the couch and shakes his head. "Never mind, just forget about it."

"Jacob."

I get up from the couch.

"Skylar, just please forget about it. It's better if you don't know."

"What do you mean?" I ask. He begins to walk out of the living room and I follow behind him.

"Jacob, tell me." He begins to walk up the stairs, not paying attention at all.

"Jacob." His room door slams shut and I sigh.

What the hell?

-
Updating all weekend since I don't got school yAaaAAas lmao. Comment & vote. Love you guys so much.❤️
               - B