20

| chapter twenty

I was sitting on the couch playing on my phone, when I felt the spot next to me sink in. Jacob was looking at me.

I get up from the couch and Jacob pulls back on my arm. I turn around and face him. I could see the guilty look on his face.

I'll admit, I feel a little bad for being so hard on him, but messing around with Brianna really hurt me. I was mad and sad all at once.

I need time away from him. He needs to realize he can't hurt me then talk to me all he wants. Things don't work like that.

"Let me go, Jacob."

"Skylar, please." He begs. "Just stay with me."

"I need time." I say, looking down. He pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me.

He looks into my eyes, "Does this mean whatever we had is gone?"

I bite the inside of my cheek and look down.

"No." I mumble. "But you really need to decide if you want to be with Brianna."

"Okay." He sighs. I get up and walk to my room leaving him alone.

This is just stuck on my mind. I really believed Jacob wouldn't go all the way with her. Brianna used to be a close friend, but now.. I want nothing to do with her.

I sit on my bed, and pull my laptop onto my lap. I go to Spotify and turn on my playlist.

Cause I have hella feelings for you,
I act like I don't fucking care,
Like they ain't even there,
'Cause I have hella feelings for you,
I act like I don't fucking care,
'Cause I'm so fucking scared
I'm only a fool for you,
And maybe you're too good for me,
I'm only a fool for you,
But I don't fucking care, at all, oh

I sing along to the lyrics and stare up at the ceiling fan. When you're sad, you can really understand them.

The familiar Skype audio begins to echo throughout my room, cutting my music off. I groan and pull the laptop closer to me.

It was a call from Hannah, my friend from back home. I fix my hair a little and sit up, before answering the call.

Her face appears on the screen, she smiles and waves. Seeing her makes me feel a lot happier.

"Hey." She says.

"Hi." I simply say back. She moves her laptop a little closer to her.

"How's my best friend in the whole world?" She asks with a big grin.

"I've been better." I admit.

"Awh." She sticks out her bottom lip. "What's wrong?"

"Jacob." I mumble.

"Your stepbrother?" She asks. I nod my head.

"Well, what happened?" She looks at me from the screen.

I let out a long breath before answering, "Well. I kind of have a little crush on him, and he has a girlfriend now. The girl who used to be my closest friend here. And um," I look down at my lap. "We kissed, twice." I say the last part very quickly and her eyes go wide.

"You kissed your stepbrother?" She practically screams. I flinch and turn down my volume a bit.

"Yes, and I'd appreciate if you didn't tell the whole fucking world." I emphasize on the word "fuck".

"Oops." She awkwardly coughs and I shake my head.

"Anyways," I say changing the subject. "How are you?"

"Good." She smiles.

"Just good, huh?" I raise an eyebrow.

She chuckles. "Yup. Just good."

"Well, it's getting late. Text me tomorrow, okay?" I say and pull the blankets over me.

"Okay." She agrees.

I yawn, and put my hair down. "Goodnight, Hannah." I smile before ending the call.

-
Update before I go to school. Really don't wanna go lmao. Have a good day guys. ❤️
- B

brother to be ❥ jacob sartorius [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara