27

| chapter twenty-seven

"Skylar." Brianna says, chewing obnoxiously on a piece of gum. We were in Chemistry and she just so happens to be my partner. Fun, right? No.

I cross my arms waiting for a reply from her. I expect her to say something rude, or sarcastic since she did date Jacob and he kind of dumped her for me.

"Is that a hickey on your neck?" These words leave her mouth and I part my lips in shock.

I quickly shoot my hand up covering the mark, I wasn't even aware it was there, and believe me I did not want to find out in this way.

"What? N-no." I say, with my voice shaking.

"Yeah right, Skylar." She glances down at my hand and moves it away from the purple mark. "It looks like a hickey to me. A pretty good one."

"Actually," She begins to trace my neck, pushing her glasses up a bit. "There's a few of them." She smirks.

"Stop

"Stop." I say and push her hand away. She frowns and I roll my eyes.

We finished filling out our assignment and I anxiously waited for the bell to ring. I need to go home.

"Did Hunter do it?" She asks out of no where and I begin to cough. She laughs at me and pats my back. "I'll take that as a yes."

Actually no.

-

I get home and kick my shoes off at the front door. Jacob stayed home today since he was sick, so Jade gave me a ride.

"Jacob!" I call out.

"I'm up here, baby." He calls from upstairs. I grin and walk up the steps. I stop at his room door and it's cracked.

I walk inside the room and Jacob sets the remote down and looks at me. He smiles and motions for me to sit on the bed.

I climb on the bed and lean against the headboard, laying next to him.

Jacob looks over at me, "So how was your day?" He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers.

"Fine." I sit up on the bed and face him. "Except for these." I pull down the collar of my shirt, exposing my marked skin.

A smirk plays on his face. "You liked it, didn't you?" He asks, pulling me onto his lap. I rest my hands on his chest.

"I u-um." I stutter not knowing what to say.

"See babe, I left you speechless." He winks and I playfully hit his chest. He grabs his heart pretending to be hurt and I roll my eyes.

"Why are you so cute?" He asks me, and moves the stray locks of hair from my face.

I shyly smile and grab his hand. "I can't answer that without sounding selfish."

He softly chuckles and nods his head. "I guess you have a point."

Jacob and I both begin to lean in when were interrupted by a buzzing noise.

"Ignore it." Jacob whispers. He moves his hand to rest underneath my shirt, his cold fingers leaving a chill down my spine.

The buzzing starts up again and I sigh. Jacob softly kisses my knuckles before shifting and getting off of the bed.

He walks over to his dresser, and grabs his phone. I'm expecting him to hang up the phone, but he doesn't. He slides his thumb across the screen, answering the call.

I pout, and bring my knees to my chest watching him. He looks over at me and sends an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, baby." He mouths to me. I shrug in response instead of speaking.

"Okay, I will." Jacob says to the person on the other line. I impatiently play the material on my shirt and watch him.

He finally hangs up the phone and sets it back down on the dresser.

"Who was that?" I ask, as he sits on the chair tucked under the desk.

"The guys on the team are having a party." He says standing up and shuffling through drawers.

"Can I come?" I ask, with a cheesy grin.

He grabs an outfit and closes the drawer walking over to me.

"Strictly baseball players only." He says softly, leaving a trail of kisses from my collarbone all the way up the my lips.

I pout and cross my arms. "No fair."

"Perfectly fair, baby." He begins to undress, changing into his new outfit.

-
DOUBLE UPDATE TIRED AF K COOL.
- B