Jylar Valentine's Day

warning: this chapter contains mature content. it happens a little later on, so I will put another warning there, too. thank you!

"I can't believe it's already Valentine's Day!" I look at the teddy bears and chocolate hearts on the shelf of the aisle.

Jade chuckles. "I know, right."

We continue to look around the large store for the supplies I needed, since I did want to make Jacob and I something tonight, after all.

"Should the milkshakes be pink or red?" I ask Jade, holding up two different packs of food coloring.

"Pink, obviously." She playfully rolls her eyes, causing me to laugh. Pink milkshakes it is. I place the food coloring into the cart and look at the sprinkles.

Maybe I was going overboard, but I really wanted to make something nice for Jacob.

"Look at this!" Jade says, causing me to turn my head. She's holding up a package of...glitter?

"I don't want to poison him, Jade." I scoff, continuing to look at items on the shelf.

"No, you dumbass. It's edible." She explains, walking closer to me and holding up the package.

Sure enough it was edible glitter. How did one come up with such a thing?

"Since when does this exist?" I ask in amusement grabbing the glitter from her hands.

She shrugs. "Who knows."

My phone buzzes from my back pocket, startling me at first.

from: jacob
>> I can't wait to see you

I smile at the message in front of me
and quickly respond.

to: jacob
>> neither can I!

-

I carefully put the right amount of each ingredient into the blender. Pressing start, the machine roars, blending all the separate ingredients into one.

Once I feel like it's the perfect consistency, I turn the blender off and remove the lid. The sweet smell immediately fills the kitchen and I smile.

I bring the blender to the glass, filling it to the brim. I top it off with whipped cream and the damn edible glitter Jade convinced to purchase.

I do the same to the other glass and set them both down next to the plate of freshly baked cookies.

The sound of the front door opening causes me to smile. I look over and see Jacob with a bouquet of roses.

"Hey babe," He says joining me in the kitchen. "I got you these." Jacob hands me the bouquet along with a cd case.

'I love you so much, but I'm not really good with words so here you go.' It read on the front of the cd in red sharpie.

"Listen to it, later." He says softly, kissing my temple.

I smile at the gifts in my hands. How did I get so lucky?