34

| chapter thirty-four

My alarm goes off, causing a loud groan to escape my lips. I would much rather sleep in on a Saturday morning, but today mom is dragging us all to the mall.

Something about bonding with my new family members. Totally stupid in my opinion, but oh well.

I lazily walk over to the bathroom, starting up the shower. I shut the bathroom door, locking it and continue to undress.

-

"Hey, we're leaving." Nate informs me as I walk downstairs.

"Oh okay." I smile, grabbing my jacket. Jacob walks past me, not saying a word. I sigh, and follow everyone out to the car.

I decide to sit next to Jacob this time. We were both in the very back, he had his head resting against the window.

"Jacob." I speak softy, poking his shoulder. The radio was on and everyone was having a conversation amongst themselves, so nobody was really paying attention.

He turns his head, looking at me. His eyes were red, but it didn't look as if he was crying.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask. He begins to laugh and leans back.

"Nothing." He puts his hands behind his head. I furrow my eyebrows, scanning him head to toe.

"Are you sure?" I add on. Jacob begins to laugh again, this time pulling me closer to him.

"Calm down, baby." He says, his voice low. Instantly when he pulls me closer, I could smell the marijuana.

"You're fucking high." I say in disbelief. He smirks and shakes his head, putting both his hands on each side of my face attempting to kiss me.

The car comes to a stop, and I couldn't be thankful enough for the perfect timing.

I hurry out of the car and zip up my jacket. It was freezing outside, I swear the weather is so bipolar here.

Everyone gets out as well. Jacob puts on his sunglasses, I'm sure so no one would notice how high he actually was. I'm so disappointed in him, seriously.

"Can we go to Urban Outfitters?" Hannah asks, crossing her arms.

"I want to go to Famous Footwear." Nate adds on.

"I guess we could all go to different places." My mom sighs. "But everyone meet at the food court in an hour." She adds on. With that said, we all go our separate ways.

Luke wanted to go with me, while Nate, Hannah and Jacob all went off together. The parents stuck together like the original plan.

"So, where do you like to shop?" Luke asks, putting his arm over my shoulders. I blush at his gesture and look up at him.

"Well I need to go to Victoria's Secret, but you could wait outside the store." I say, adjusting my bag over my shoulder.

"I'll go with you." He smirks. I playfully shake my head, knowing the only reason he wanted to go.

We approach the familiar store and I smile. This was by far my favorite place in the mall.