35

| chapter thirty-five

"Skylar," I hear Jacob say from the kitchen. We were currently home alone, since everyone else went to get ice cream, and I wasn't really in the mood.

"What?" I call back, still focusing on the t.v in front of me. He walks into the living room and sits next to me on the couch.

"You're not gonna tell anyone about yesterday, are you?" He asks, looking directly at me.

I sigh, "No."

"Good. Thank you." He smiles, and places his hand on my thigh.

I look down at his hand before speaking again.

"But why did you do it?" I ask.

"I've just been stressed, and it helps." He says softly, still with his hand on my thigh.

"Or you just wanted to do it." I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"You wouldn't know unless you tried, Skylar." He says, pulling me onto his lap. I put both hands on his shoulders.

"Who gave it to you?" I ask.

"I'm not a snitch." He chuckles, and moves his hands to my lower back. I shrug, it was worth a shot.

"Are you still mad at me?" I move my hand so I am able to play with his hair.

"Did you hook up with, Luke?" He asks, taking me by surprise.

My eyes widen, "No, I did not."

"Then I'm not mad at you." He smiles innocently. I shake my head, and can't help the smile that appears on my face.

Jacob moves his hands to both sides of my face, pulling me closer. Our faces only centimeters apart, our lips about to touch when there is a ringing noise.

"Ignore it," Jacob whispers, attaching our lips. They move slowly in sync, and Jacob moves his hands to rest under my shirt. Just as he was about to deepen the kiss, the ringing goes off again. I sigh.

"Goddammit, I'm sorry babe." He frowns, and grabs his phone out of his pocket.

He looks down at the screen, and presses the lime green button.

"What do you want now?" Jacob says to the person on the other line annoyed. He begins to move his hand up and down against my arm.

"You got more?" He asks. I give him a confused look, who was he talking to?

"Well no shit I want some." He huffs. I cross my arms and he gives me a sympathetic look.

"Okay, yeah. I'll be right over." He hangs up the phone and slides it back into his pocket.

"Who was that?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Nobody, babe." He moves my hands from his shoulders, and shifts so he could stand.

He puts the hood to his hoodie on and I look up at him from the couch.