05

| chapter five

My phone goes off, waking me from my nap. I sit up, and look at the caller ID.

"Incoming call from
Bestfriend❤️"

I become excited as I press the lime green button.

"Skylar! I miss you!" My bestfriend, Hannah says on the other line.

I smile before answering, "I miss you too."

"How is it there? Is your little brother as adorable as you thought?" I cringe at her words. Not as little as I was expecting.

"Yeah, about that." I say, getting up from the bed. "He's actually sixteen." I say, opening my bedroom door.

"Oh. My. God." She says. I walk downstairs, and notice my parents weren't home yet.

"Yup." I say, "Kind of stupid of me." I laugh and grab a bag of chips from the pantry.

I walk into the living room and sit on the couch, making myself comfortable.

"Well, is he cute?" She asks, and I feel my face heat up. I don't know why I was blushing, but I was. Terribly.

"How about I show you him?" I ask, smirking. This could be an excuse to finally see Jacob's room.

She squeals, causing me to laugh. I pull the phone away from my face and press the camera button, revealing Hannah's face on the screen.

She smiles and waves, I lightly shake my head and get up from the couch.

"Jacob!" I yell while walking up the stairs.

"What do you want?" He shouts back. I knock on his bedroom door and wait patiently.

Hannah was painting her nails, and watching the screen. This small act made me laugh, I'm not sure why.

The door opens.

"What?" He asks, looking down at me, from our height difference.

I turn my phone around and point it at Jacob. He looks confused for a moment, before realizing it was a FaceTime call.

"Oh Sky, he's definitely cute." Hannah says, as I turn the phone around so it's facing me once again.

Jacob has a smirk on his face, and I roll my eyes.

"She's lying." I say, looking up at him.

"Oh, okay. She's definitely lying." He says with the most sarcastic tone.

"Hey Hannah, I'll call you back later. Love you." I say, blowing a kiss at the screen and ending the call.

Jacob watches me as I put the phone in my back pocket.

"I'll leave you alone now." I say, turning to walk away before I'm pulled back.

Jacob grabs both sides of my hips and pulls me towards him, my back against his front.

"Where are you going?" He says softly against my ear.

I hold onto his wrists, applying pressure. "Get off, Jacob."

My heart is beating, and my stomach is doing flips.

Ugh Skylar stop. He's practically your brother.

"Okay, fine." He says, letting go. I smile and quickly hide it before turning around, facing him.

"That was not cool," I cross my arms. "Say you're sorry." I tell him, leaning my body against the door frame.

Jacob shakes his head, and walks back into his room. This time, leaving the door open.

I walk in slightly and look around. His room was bigger than mine, and a lot more decorated. This I expected.

"I thought your room would be dirty." I say, looking around. He lays back on the large bed, and looks over at me.

"Not all guys are pigs." He says, laughing afterwards.

I walk further into the room, and sit at the desk chair not far from me.

Jacob grabs a piece of paper from his bed side table and crumbles it up, throwing the ball at me.

I glare at him, and throw it back.

I get up from the chair, and walk back to the bedroom door.

"Skylar." Jacob says from the bed.

"Hm?" I say, turning around and looking at him.

"Don't leave." He pouts, patting the spot next to him.

-
DOUBLE UPDATE! Kinda some flirting going on. 🌚 lmao, lemme stop.
           - B