36

| chapter thirty-six

I take the key out of the ignition and step out of the car. Today Eric's family would be going back home, but I had school.

They're gonna spend the day with Austin and my mom before they have to leave. I already said my goodbye's this morning, just in case I didn't see them again later on.

I adjust my backpack straps, and walk up to the school. I push past people in the crowded hallway, as I finally make it to my locker.

"Hey." Jade approaches my as I grab my algebra book. I smile and shut my locker.

"Hey." I say. We both walk to our first class.

I take a seat at a desk in the back and Jade sits next to me.

"Good morning." Our teacher smiles ear to ear. How could anyone possibly have so much energy this early in the morning?

"Please turn to page 231, we'll continue our work from Friday." She smiles and sits at her desk. I groan and turn to the page number, picking up on the problem I left on.

-

It was now lunch, and I was so hungry. I hurry out of my second block and walk to the lunchroom.

"Pizza or Salad?" The lunch lady asks me. I look down at the two trays in front of me.

"Pizza." I smile, she hands me my tray and I walk further down the line, grabbing a water.

I walk over to our normal table and sit next to Jacob. He smiles at me, and grabs my hand under the table.

"You look tired." Blake says with a smirk on his face. I shake my head.

"I'm not." I reply, taking a bite of my pizza. Okay, maybe that was a lie. I'm actually exhausted.

Hunter sits down, and I immediately feel the anger build up inside of me.

"Hey, Sky." He smiles at me. I fake a smile and nod, not wanting to talk.

I take another bite of pizza, and wash it down with a drink of water.

"You guys are boring." Brianna says, playing with her hair.

"No one asked you." I take another drink of water. Jacob tightens his grip on my hand and I look over at him.

"Don't." He speaks low.

"Well she's annoying." I purposely say so Brianna could hear. She parts her lips, and stands up from the table.

"Fuck you, Skylar." She huffs and grabs her purse.

"Sorry, but I don't take offers." I smile. Hunter and Blake laugh while Brianna walks away.

"What's gotten into you?" Jade asks me while laughing. I shrug my shoulders.

Obviously I knew the answer. I was on my period. Fun.

"I'll see you after school." Jacob says, as we arrive to my next class. He quickly kisses the back of my hand, causing me to smile.