19

| chapter nineteen

"It's gonna be okay, Skylar." Jade says, rubbing small circles on my back. I was crying, and couldn't stop.

"But why would he do that with her when I'm home?" I sniffle and look at her. "So I could hear them?" I begin to cry more.

"Don't think like that, Skylar." She sighs. "How about we go do something to get your mind off of this."

"I don't want to." I mutter.

"Come on, Skylar." She shakes me a little. "You can't be sad over some boy."

He's not just some boy. I think to myself.

I wipe my tears and sit up.

"Okay fine." I grab a shirt and a pair of shorts from my closet. "I'm gonna get changed." Jade nods her and and pulls out her phone.

I walk into the bathroom and change from my current clothes into my new ones. I wash my face and walk back into the room.

"So where are we going?" I fake a smile. Jade wasn't buying it, and neither was I.

"No clue. We'll just go wherever my car takes me." She grabs my wrist and practically pulls me down the stairs.

-

We arrive in front of a fro-yo place downtown. How did she know me so well?

I get out of the car and so does Jade. She walks around the car and links arms with me. We both hurry into the building since it was so cold out.

"Go sit, I'll try to guess your favorite flavor." She smiles, I laugh and nod my head. I go find a booth for Jade and I.

She returns to the booth with two small tubs of fro-yo. Jade hands me a pink one and I lick the top.

"Strawberry!" I scream a little too loud. An old couple sitting besides us stares.

"Sorry." I apologize and continue eating the frozen yogurt. Jade laughs at me.

"You're crazy." She says, taking a bite of her cookies and cream fro-yo. I smile and take another bite of mine.

My phone begins to vibrate on the table and I look at the caller ID.

'Incoming call from Mom'

I pick up the call and take a bite of my fro-yo.

"Hey mom." I say.

"Hey honey." She speaks softly. We made up since the little argument, but she was still disappointed with me.

"I just wanted to let you know curfew ends in about thirty minutes." She says. I nod my head although she can't see me. I'm sure she was warning me so I didn't get in trouble again.

"Okay mom. Bye, love you." I say before hanging up. Jade looks at me.

"I have to go soon." I say annoyed. I really hate having a curfew, and I did not want to go to the same house as Jacob.

"Me too, actually." She says while finishing the last of her yogurt. We both stand up and dispose our bowls in the trash can.

"Thanks again." I tell Jade as I get out of the car.

She smiles, "No problem girl. Don't be sad alright?" I nod and smile back.

Everyone needs a Jade in their life.

-

Soooo you know the drill. Vote and comment your opinions. I read all the comments 👀
- B