09

| chapter nine

It was now lunch, and here I was sitting with Jacob and his group of friends.

They were all actually really nice people. I've especially bonded with the two girls in the group, Brianna and Jade.

"So, Skylar." Brianna turns to face me and I do the same. "How is it like living with Jacob?"

Immediately I think of the night Jacob and I kissed. How I really didn't want it to stop. I push the thought away.

"Well he takes the longest showers," I say exaggerating. She laughs, as do the others.

"And his baseball uniform smells." I say waving my hand in front of my nose. Jacob looks over at me and shakes his head, smiling.

"I like her, Jacob." Jade says, looking at the both of us.

"Yeah, she's hot too." Blake says. My eyes go wide, earning a smirk from him.

"Ignore him, he's a total fuckboy." Brianna tells me, pretending to gag. I laugh and Blake rolls his eyes.

The bell rings, and we all go our separate ways.

-

As I'm walking to the car, I notice Jacob is already inside waiting for me. He begins to honk the horn repeatedly, making me groan.

I open the car door and get inside.

"Took you long enough." He says, nudging my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah." I say, buckling up my seatbelt and leaning back. He starts up the car.

We arrive back home. I open the front door, and take off my shoes.

I see my mom and Austin sitting at the table. Jacob shuts the door behind us.

"Kids come in here!" My mom sort of shouts.

Jacob and I both sit in the chairs across from the adults.

"We have a surprise." They both say in unison, smiling and holding hands.

Um.

"Austin and I both decided this family needs some bonding time. We decided to rent a cabin and take a camping trip." My mom says, obviously excited.

"What? Mom, but.. I mean." I stutter, not finding the right words to say.

-

The last bag was put in the trunk. Yes, I'm really going on this trip. There was no way out of it.

There was one thing to look forward to, and that was mom and Austin said we could invite one friend each.

I decided to invite Brianna, and Jacob invited Hunter. Brianna and I just have a lot in common, plus Jade was busy.

Jacob and I both get in the way back, leaving room for Hunter and Brianna. While Austin drives and my mom is on the passenger side.

Austin starts up the car, and pulls out of the driveway. I put in my earbuds and look over at Jacob who was already looking at me.

He pretends to blow me a kiss and I pretend to catch it, causing us both to laugh.

We pull up to Brianna's house, where her and Hunter are already sitting on the porch with their bags.

"Hey Brianna!" I smile.

"Hey Sky!" She smiles back.

"Sup bro." Jacob gives Hunter a fist pump.

We put Brianna and Hunter's bags in the trunk and all pile into the car.

I place my hand on the seat between Jacob and I. He puts his hand over mine, and slowly traces his thumb across the back of my hand.

I look over and give him a shy smile.

-

Double update guys. It's not long or anything but the next one will be. Hope you guys like it so farrrr. Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️ also thanks for 2k!
            - B