37

| chapter thirty-seven

"In the middle of Target, really?" The voice says, causing Jacob and I to quickly pull apart.

There Jade was with a cart filled with items galore, and Blake by her side.

He had a bag of unpaid potato chips, taking handfuls and putting them into his mouth, staring at Jacob and I like we were a big movie.

"I can explain-" I nervously look down at my shoes.

"No need." Jade says, putting different things into her cart.

"Yeah, we all saw this coming." Blake chimes in, continuing to eat his chips.

"I think I'm having a fan girl moment." Jade dramatically says, fanning her hands in front of her face.

"I need space." Jade begins to pace back and forth down the aisle, letting a few screams leave her mouth.

I look at her in disbelief. This girl is causing a scene.

"Just ignore her." Blake says, rolling his eyes.

Jacob hugs me from behind and I attempt to get out of his grip. It takes me a second to realize they already know.

"I'm sorry, it's just weird that-" I begin to ramble.

"We know?" Blake smirks. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with us." He smiles and I nod.

"Sister swear." Jade adds on, finally joining us again and standing in front of her cart.

"Are you calm now?" I ask.

She nods her head, "I think so."

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Jacob asks Jade and Blake.

"I wanted a hoodie I saw, but it turned into more." Jade says looking down at her cart that was filled to the brim. "And Blake just wanted to come to annoy me."

"Fun." I laugh, looking between the two.

"Well, we should get going." Jacob says, grabbing my hand.

Jade looks at us and gives me a smirk.

"Are you guys gonna do it?" She wiggles her eyebrows up and down.

"No, Jade. Shut up." I roll my eyes and intertwine my fingers with Jacob's.

"Okay, we're going now." Jacob chuckles. We both walk down the aisle, and I quickly sneak a chocolate bar off the shelf.

"You got a kiss." I hand him the chocolate bar. "You're getting me this." I smile widely.

We walk to the cashier and purchase the chocolate bar along with the other things Jacob needed and walk back outside. I sigh in relief.

We are so lucky it wasn't someone who would rat us out.

"Can I drive?" Jacob asks me as we walk through the parking lot.

"Yeah, sure." I smile, handing him the keys. We both get into the car, Jacob in the drivers seat this time.

He stretches his arm to rest on the back of my seat, looking behind him.

We are on the road when I groan and put both my hands on my lower stomach.

"Are you okay, baby?" He says, tapping his fingertips against the steering wheel.

I shake my head. "Not, really."

"What's wrong?" He asks, moving his hand to my leg. I put my hand over his and trace small circles against the back of it.

"Cramps." I say, slightly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, babe." He moves his hand up higher. I look over at him and could see the smirk on his face although he was looking at the road in front of us.

"Jacob?" I ask, still keeping my eyes on him.

"Hm?" He presses the brakes, bringing the car to a halt since there was so much traffic.

"Are you a virgin?" When these words leave my mouth his eyes go wide.

"S-Skylar," He avoids eye contact.

"Tell me." I pout, crossing my arms. He breathes deeply as I patiently wait for him to say something.

"I'm not." He says, putting his foot on the gas again.

"When was it?" I ask him.

"Please stop, Skylar." He says, turning off of the main road.

"Jacob-" I whine, moving my hand to his hair. I begin to tug on it softly, watching as he bites his lip.

"Last year, okay." He says, pulling into the driveway.

"With?" I ask, kissing down his jawline.

"No, I am not telling you that." He shuts the car off, taking the keys out and handing them to me.

"Please!" I look at him with puppy dog eyes. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Jade." He says. My eyes go wide and I cover my mouth with my hand. I wasn't mad, not at all. I was honestly just so shocked. Jade and Jacob don't even act close.

"Holy shit." I mumble. He looks over at me, and chuckles.

"Is that surprising?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Well yeah, would even think about sleeping with you?" I tease him and open the car door, running inside before he could say anything else.

-

I never have anything specific to say in authors notes sooo.... I LIKE TACOS BYE
- B