47

| chapter forty-seven

"Skylar!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. "We're going to be late!"

I groan, slipping into my jacket and walking downstairs. Today would be the big day, getting almost everything ready for the wedding. It's easy to say that after seeing how difficult a wedding actually is, I never want to get married.

"Morning." Jacob smiles from the kitchen table. I return the smile, putting on my shoes that I had left by the front door.

"Are we all ready?" Austin questions, looking between all three of us. I nod my head, opening the front door and walking down the pavement sidewalk.

-

We get into the venue and it's easy to say I am completely shocked. It was huge, dark wood floors, with an astonishing chandelier placed in the center of the ceiling.

A lady with short black hair approaches us with a clipboard in her hands.

"Hello everyone, I'm Renee the planner." She smiles, holding her hand out. My mom shakes her hand and turns to face the rest of us.

"These are my two children and fiancé." She introduces us. Hearing her call Jacob her child makes me feel sick. I shake my head, pushing the thoughts away and put on a smile.

"I'm Skylar." I shake her hand, feeling shy. She smiles as Jacob and Austin introduce themselves.

"Come this way." She waves her hand, leading us to a table. Jacob and I sit next to each other, mom and Austin by each other and Renee at the end.

"Well first the obvious, do we have a specific theme for this event?" Renee asks, taking the cap off of her pen.

"White with silver accents." My mom says, watching as Renee wrote down her request.

"Beautiful." Renee compliments. I smile observing how happy my mom looked.

"How many guests will be attending?" Renee asks politely.

"About two-hundred and fifty." Austin says. My eyes go wide.

"Two-hundred and fifty?" I blurt out. Renee laughs slightly before writing down the large number. I shake my head, not believing the amount of guests.

"Will there be any specific dancing?" Renee asks, leaning back and getting more comfortable in her chair.

"Well I want to have my fiancé and I along with the kids all kind of have a special dance." My mom smiles, looking at Jacob and I across the table.

I look over at Jacob who didn't notice me staring at him. Dancing? I'm not the best dancer.

"I can't dance." I say bluntly, looking between all three adults.

"Don't worry dear, there is a woman named Scarlet coming with the crew soon that has dancing experience." Renee smiles. Great. Just great.

"Oh, okay." I say politely, crossing my legs under the table.

They all continue to speak about the wedding when I find myself not paying attention anymore. I was so beyond nervous for my mom and Austin to get married. I was scared what Jacob and I would be then.

The door to the venue opens, causing us all to turn our heads. Inside came eight individuals holding different items.

"There they are!" Renee stands up, hugging a blonde woman who looked to be in her thirties.

"Kids, this is Scarlet." Renee introduces her. I nervously play with the hem of my shirt and smile.

The tall woman dressed in athletic wear excitedly grabs mine and Jacob's hands, pulling us to a separate room in the venue. There was nothing in here, just a lot of empty space.

"Okay, so who knows how to dance?" She asks, holding her hands together. Jacob and I stay silent, looking at her.

"Alright, then." Scarlet laughs, taking off her flip flops and setting them to the side.

"First things first, I will need you both to take off your shoes." She explains, pushing a strand of long blonde hair behind her ear.

I do as I'm told, leaning down and unlacing my black converse. I take the shoes, setting them to the side, leaving me in my black socks. Jacob does the same and we wait for further directions.

"So," Scarlet turns my body so I'm face to face with Jacob. "You will need to place your hand on his shoulder." She crosses her arms, waiting for me to do so.

I look into his eyes, carefully putting the palm of my hand on his shoulder.

"And sweetie, please put your dominant hand on her waist," She grabs Jacob's hand, placing it on my waist. I smile softly, watching as he begins to look nervous.

"Now hold hands with your free hands." She smiles. We attach hands, now being in the traditional slow dance position.

"Perfect," She compliments us. I blush, not being completely sure why. Scarlet begins to teach us the basics. Right. Left. Right. Left.

After awhile of doing the dance, migrating all around the room I begin to feel hot. When practicing for so long, it really does feel exhausting.

"It's hot, and I think I get it." I pull myself away from Jacob, running both hands through my hair.

"Are you sure?" Scarlet asks. I nod my head. I was more than sure.

"You two did great." She smiles, hugging Jacob and me afterwards.

I grab my shoes, putting them back on and lacing them up. We all walk back into the main room, seeing it had been partly decorated.

I smile at the tables set up with the beautiful center pieces.

"Thank you again, Renee." My mom smiles, grabbing her purse from one of the tables. I smile and wave before exiting the building.

-

Can't wait until Friday, oh my goiii. 🙄
- B