41

| chapter forty-one

I get into the house, sighing immediately.

"Your car is taken away, too." Mom says to Jacob.

"He didn't even have it in his." I state, slightly defending Jacob. She looks at me and shakes her head. I'm not even sure why I was defending him, when he's the one who caused this anyways.

"I don't care, Skylar." She pushes past me and goes into the living room.

"You're so unfair." An angry laugh escapes my mouth.

"You think this is funny?" She asks me, putting both hands on her hips.

"Maybe I do." I smile.

"Skylar, don't." Jacob says besides me.

"Go to your room." My mom raises her voice, pointing towards the stairs.

"Now I understand why dad left you in the first place. You're so extra about everything!" I raise my voice just as loud.

"Fucking go upstairs!" She yells with hurt in her voice walking towards me, and giving me a shove.

I stomp up the stairs, not looking back.

"Babe please don't be mad, I'm sorry." Jacob sighs, following me into my room.

I ignore him, crossing my arms and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Sky, please. You can't be mad forever." He kneels down in front of me, placing his hands on my knees.

"Maybe I can." I raise an eyebrow, looking into his eyes. He shakes his head, sitting down on the spot next to me.

"I'm sorry, Skylar. I really am." He puts his arm around me.

"You smoked when you know I don't agree with it, and you got my car taken away." I shove his arm off of me, standing up from the bed.

"I'm going to quit." He puts his hands on my waist, pulling me so I'm standing in front of him.

"Yeah, whatever." I roll my eyes.

"Do you still wanna be with me?" He asks, clearly sad.

I sigh, grabbing both sides of his face. "Of course I do, Jacob." I kiss his forehead softly. "But you need to get your shit together."

He smiles, nodding his head. "I will."

The bedroom door opens, causing Jacob and I both to look over. There stood Hannah, with her blanket and pillow.

"We're all sleeping in here whether you like it or not. It's my last night, and I just want to be with you guys." Hannah says while walking further into the room and closing the door behind her.

I smile and watch her as she lays the blanket down on the floor, along with the pillow.

"I'm gonna miss you." I say to Hannah.

She groans, laying her head on the pillow. "I don't want to leave."

"Well, at least you won't be grounded back home." Jacob jokes. I shake my head, not the time Sartorius, not the time.

I grab my blanket from the bed and lay it next to Hannah's.

"Go get your blanket, Jacob." Hannah says sweetly.

"I don't think-"

"Now." She sends him the evil eye, pointing towards the door.

"Okay, damn." He says, leaving my room and going across the hall to his.

This should be a fun night.

-

"Kids! It's time to go!" I hear Austin yell from downstairs. It was 7 am and we were all awake, because Hannah's flight takes off at nine.

"Do you have everything?" I sigh, looking around my room one last time.

She nods her head, pulling up the handle to her suitcase.

I pull Hannah into my arms, giving her a big hug. I'm gonna miss this dramatic girl I call my best friend.

We both walk downstairs, and meet everyone outside. I help Hannah put her suitcase in the trunk, and we get into the car.

Jacob was in the very back by himself, Hannah and I in the middle, and mom and Austin up front.

My mom was still very upset with me, so there wasn't much conversation.

"We'll miss having you around, Hannah." Austin smiles back at us. I've really grown with Austin, and I love how he is so understanding.

"I'll miss you, too." Hannah smiles, laying her head against my shoulder.

-

"Well, honey. Your flight is about to board." My mom says looking down at her watch. Hannah looks over at me and sighs.

"I love you." She says, hugging me tight as ever.

"I love you too, bestfriend." I pull away and smile.

"Where's my hug?" Jacob asks Hannah, holding his arms out.

She smiles softly before walking into his arms, and laying her head against his chest.

"Tell Hunter I'll miss him." She says, pulling away from Jacob. I nod my head.

"Well. I guess this is it." Hannah looks at everyone, pulling her suitcase by her side.

She gives everyone one last hug before heading inside the glass doors.

"Don't die!" Jacob yells before the doors shut.

"Jacob!" I shove his shoulder. "Don't scare her."

He laughs, getting into the car. I sit next to him, feeling sad. It's gonna be boring without Hannah here.

-

Bye Hannah :(
            - B