23

| chapter twenty-three

"Cream or white?" My mom asks me, showing two different dresses from a bridal catalog.

"Hm," I look between both of the options. "White." I say pointing to the dress.

"I was thinking the same thing." She smiles and brings the catalog closer to her, flipping through the pages.

"So." My mom puts the book down and looks at me. Oh no. Please don't be anything about Jacob, I mentally pray to myself.

"Guess who's birthday is coming up?" She says with joy. I sigh in relief and put on a smile.

"Mine."

"That's right. And do you know what you want?" She asks. I look around the room, what did I want? Really nothing in particular, I honestly forgot my birthday was only in two weeks time.

"Some gift cards would be cool." I tell her and she nods her head.

The front door opens, causing both my mom and I to look over. Jacob and Hunter walk inside still wearing their baseball uniforms.

"Hi boys." My mom says standing up. "Hunter." She smiles and embraces him in a hug. I shake my head from embarrassment, and Jacob laughs at my action.

I get up from the table as my mom leaves to go look for more wedding decor.

"I'm gonna go hop in the shower." Jacob says to Hunter and I before grabbing his baseball bag and walking upstairs.

"Hey." Hunter smiles. The space is closed between us when he pulls me closer to him. I smile and wrap my arms around the back of his neck.

"Hi." I look up at him, the same smile on his face. He rubs my back as we both look at each other. It feels as if we haven't seen each other in years.

"Do you wanna hang out down here, or upstairs?" I ask. He stays silent for a moment before answering me.

"Upstairs is fine."

I take his hand and make my way upstairs. Once getting to my bedroom door, I open it and step to the side, allowing Hunter inside. We both walk in and I shut the door behind us.

"I've never actually been in your room before." Hunter states, as he makes himself comfortable on my bed.

"What do you think?" I ask, amused. He scans my room before looking over at me.

"Plain."

I huff at his response and cross my arms. Although, he did have a point. I should really get some posters or something.

"Fair enough." I sit on the bed next to him. His hand slowly traces along my thigh and I blush. I look over at him and he smiles at me.

Hunter pulls me onto his lap, so both my legs are on each side of him. He puts his hand under my chin, and places his lips against mine.

"Your lips are so soft." He mumbles against my mouth. I smile against his, and he slants his head slightly, deepening our kiss.

Hunter reaches down and plants both hands on my waist, lifting my shirt just a little.

His fingertips are warm and soft against my tan skin. It takes all I have to not make a sound. To have him hear me moan would be absolutely embarrassing.

Hunter flips us both over so his body is hovering over mine. My breathing quickens as I begin to feel more nervous.

"Tell me if you want me to stop." He speaks softly. I nod, not being able to speak. The pad of his thumb brushes against my bottom lip.

He dips down and begins to leave kisses along my collarbone. Without processing it, I open my mouth with a soft moan. Hunter grips onto my hips, leaving a tingly feeling.

He moves his lips to my neck, gently kissing and sucking. He blows warm air on the now wet spot, making me shiver.

Our lips meet again, moving in sync. I felt like doing this forever. Just being under his touch alone makes me feel some type of way.

After awhile Hunter pulls away. "I can't breathe." He loudly sighs. I giggle between each breath, looking directly up at him. I caress my thumb over his lips and he smiles.

We both hear the shower shut off. Hunter gets up from the bed, and I sit up.

"I have to go." He looks at me, and I nod my head.

"I'll see you later." He kisses my nose before quietly disappearing out of my room. I lay back and close my eyes.

And then it hits me.

I had my first make out session, with Hunter.

And I liked it.

-
YEET. Whatchu doin Skylar? 👀
- B