Please Don't Cry

1:30am

"The antidote, I found it!" Tom cried out, running towards the others with a little bottle in his hands as well as the papers he had gotten from his now dead friend.

The papers had all the information on the poison as well as the antidote "Are you sure?" Bill said as he ran for Tom.

"Yes, see" Tom said as he pointed at the page "76354 antidote, it's the one"

Tom and Bill came running towards me as I lay on the desk, my legs no longer shaking for they had seemed to go dead "Y-you f-f-found it" I smiled.

"Of course I did" Tom said as he stood beside me, looking down on my pale body "Don't ever doubt me babe" He said with a fake smile, it was one of the smiles people gave when they weren't 100% sure, when they had a feeling that things would most likely not turn out the way they wanted, that I would die.

A feeling of dread came over me and I could see that Tom could see that "What's wrong? Are you hurting?"

"I don't think I will make it" I said causing Tom's face to completely change.

"Tom, I can't feel anything anymore, just from my shoulders up...I can feel the cold"

"For Christ sake Taylor, don't be so dramatic" Tom said trying not to let his emotions get the best of him.

Tom shuffled around at a table before turning to me with a needle in his hand "No" I cried "No needles please, I hate needles" I said, tears almost forming.

"I'm sorry Taylor, but you have to take the antidote" I could hear the pain in his voice, the last thing he wanted to do now, was cause me pain.

I nodded, realizing I had to be mature in this situation. Tom began to wipe at my skin and I stared at the needle; terrified "I would be squeezing the shit out of your arm, if I could right now" I said with a slight chuckle.

Tom smiled weakly at me and held my wrist before sliding the needle into my skin as carefully as he could. I cringed and squeezed my eyes shut "Done" Tom's voice suddenly filled my ears.

I sighed happily; glad it was over so quickly.

"Ok, it's all done, no more needles" Tom smiled as he got down on his knees to be level with me.

"Can we go back home?" I said.

"Of course" Tom said before grabbing me and heading for his car.

"I don't want to be here"

2:15am

It was quiet; Tom had taken me up to his room so everyone else was down stairs, hoping for the best I'd guess. I think I'm going to die, I don't mind really; I wanted to die from the start, once Tom was in my life I wanted to die, its just now things are sort of different. Things are almost better now, kind of like things are a bit more settled and calm, and I think I may actually be able to handle life being as it is now. I would still hate Tom of course, fight with him, piss him off to the point he has to knock me out, I wonder how he actually does that, I usually just get this hot pain at the back of my neck and then the lights are out. Tom was sitting on the floor beside me, his head resting against the bed peacefully, kind of as if he was ready to die with me. He spoke strongly, he spoke as if I wasn't going to die, I guess he was that kind of person, who tried to hide there fear.

"Tom?"

His head shot up immediately "What is it?" He asked concern in his voice.

"You know you're a jerk right?"

Tom chuckled a little "and here I thought I was such a gentleman"

I glanced at the time, trying to hide my quick peek from Tom; 2:30am. Tom's face suddenly changed, all the fear was back. He followed my gaze to the clock "You're looking good" Tom said "Told you you were going to be okay" Tom smiled.

My eyes sighed almost, they dropped down to the bed and I felt Tom's warm finger brush up my chin "Taylor please don't be sad, I really don't want to see you so sad"

I couldn't help but to begin to tear up as I stared into his eyes "Please don't cry" Tom said his voice cracking for my tears and pain were causing him pain.

"I'm sorry" I cried as Tom leant up to wipe away the tears that were sliding down my face and dropping to the sheets.

Tom leant up and stared me in the eyes "You are going to make it Taylor, you have to, I've never hurt so much for someone before" His leant towards my face and placed his lips gently on mine, lingering for a little while.

He pulled back and sat back down, grabbing my numb hand and kissing it with his soft warm lips. I couldn't stop crying, I felt that this was it, the time was passing so quickly all of a sudden and everything was gone.

2:35am

"Taylor!"

"Taylor wake up!"

"Don't fall asleep!"

"Please open your eyes!"

"TAYLOR!"