77

ANDI

"Jane ?"

"Mmh ?"

"I need to tell you something before it's too late."

"Can't it wait tomorrow ? I'm tired as fuck and-"

"No, I need to get this off my chest."

"Oh, come on, Andi ! Please let me sleep."

"It's kinda important !"

"'Kinda' ?"

"Yes. Please, it's already difficult for me, play nice."

I hear her groan, before she turns the lights on. I see her blue eyes half-closed, and I know she probably hates me right now. We've been driving for hours and hours, and when we finally made it to the hotel, all the thoughts that alimented my brain thorough the car ride just came to the surface. 

I need to tell her. 

The keeper is eye-killing me, her eyebrows frowned.

"You better talk right now otherwise I'll kill you for waking me up" she threatens, but I don't really listen to her. 

When she sees I am very nervous, she shuts up. She wants to leave me the space and time to say things properly, but she doesn't expect me to say what I am about to say. It's either going to destroy or friendship, or getting awkward, but I need to speak the truth.

I take a deep breath, before saying : 

"I think I have feelings for you."

My eyes are closed, as I don't want to see her reaction right away. When I do open them, I see she's frowning. 

"Feelings as in 'I'm your bestie' feelings ?" she asks, hardly swallowing her saliva. 

My heart is beating hella hard right now, and I feel like I am about to explode or something not nice. 

"More like 'I want to kiss you real bad' feelings" I shyly admit, looking down at my hands. 

There is a small silence, during which I just pray for her not to get mad or something. I know she doesn't like those kind of stuff. I surprised myself thinking that with me, it might be different, but as the seconds are passing by, I am just freezing here.

When she reaches out for my hand and plants her eyes in mine, she has a very reassuring but tired smile. 

"Look, I really haven't slept last night. We should discuss that in the morning, before joining my new teammates" Jane quickly lets out, fearing my reaction. 

I nod. "S-sure. I'm sorry, I-" I then start, my voice shaking. 

She starts laughing softly, and I frown.

"Okay" she lets out, thoughtful. She then moves closer to me, looking down at my lips. "I think you need some reassuring signs because you look like you've just seen a ghost, so here you go."

With that said, she just presses her lips against mine, and it feels like my heart is getting out of my body because of how hard it beats. I shyly put my hand on her shoulder, but she quickly breaks the embrace.

My face must be bright red right now, because she has a smirk on her face. 

"Now, college girl, let me sleep. Goodnight." she orders, cracking a smile. 

I watch her lying down on the side, closing her eyes. I soon turn the lights off, before lying on my back, staring at the ceiling. After I gathered all the courage I had left, I just get closer to her and wrap my arm around her. I feel her tense up a little, but then she entangles our fingers together and kisses my hand.