99

ROSE

"I lied."

Those words slipped out of my mouth. 

We made it to the airport three hours ago, and she is ready to board her flight. As she coldly said bye to me, I just couldn't hold it back anymore. No matter what happens, no matter if she's in Kansas when I'm in Boston. I don't really care. 

"I beg your pardon ?" 

She looks confused, but also angry. Yes, I know I had all the time in the world to tell her that earlier. I wasted precious time, and the last day in Wisconsin has been awkward. But I don't want to have regrets. 

And I know she doesn't want that as well. 

"You were right ; I lied because I'm too much of a chicken to accept the fact that I can be attracted to a girl." I explain, blushing like hell. 

It immediately shows, because of how pale my skin is. I see Gibby setting her jaw, before frowning. 

"You're such an idiot" she breathes out, rolling her eyes. 

The flight is announced as boarding, and I see her grab her luggage. But I am not willing to let her go after opening my heart to her. So I take that finale step, the step from friends to more than friends. 

She looks at me, confused. 

"I know, and I am sorry. Even though you think I am always a joker or something, just know that I am serious when I do this."

"Do wh-"

But the pressure of my lips against hers is enough to make her stop talking. 

Almost immediately, I feel her arms wrapped around my waist, as well as her body closer to mine. I instinctively wrap my arms around her neck, and we kiss for several seconds, enjoying every piece of it. Then, she slowly pulls away, but doesn't change anything from our positioning. 

When she opens her mouth to say something, I take the lead :

"I will see you on the pitch, Gibbons"

With that said, I get away from her embrace, and turn my back on her. As I am walking away, I hear her say : 

"Don't you dare thinking I will go easy on you because you were nice !" 

I leave the airport with a heavy heart, but an even bigger smile on my lips. The next meeting should be interesting. 

Until then, we only have that kiss symbolizing a promise. The promise that we will see each other again. 

**

LINDSEY

Double dates have never been my things. It's pretty much awkward half of the time, and all you wanna do is have sex with your girlfriend, but can't because the other couple is here. But today is different. 

I mean, Jane and Andi have gotten home in California, and Sonnett and I just took a little trip there, so we had to. The young couple is very smiling, looking happy together, as Emily is being the sweetest person ever with me. 

And this is an understatement. 

"So, you guys are back together for good ?" Jane casually asks, stretching her arm around Andi's shoulders. 

Emily and I exchange a look, before I decide going with sarcasm : 

"Yeah. I mean, if she doesn't want to run away again."

Of course the defender doesn't like that answer : "Dork." With that said, she punches my arm, and that only gets me to laugh. 

Since I don't want the whole conversation to be about 'Horett' (aka the stupid 'ship name' found by Moe and Cari the other day), I look at Andi and ask : 

"What about you guys ? Are you a coupleeeeee ?"

The keeper and the middy exchange a look, before bursting into laughter. The blonde then looks straight at me and lets out : 

"Depends."

"On what ?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. 

Andi smirks : "On how you guys are going to react toward that." she lets out, before explaining : "If you are going to make fun of us and use that as a threat for us to buy you everything you want in exchange of your silence to Jill, then no, we aren't dating."

"We would never-" I start.

But Emily smirks. "I would. But okay, let's say we won't ; what about now ?"

"Then yes" Jane says with confidence, her hand reaching for Andi's leg under the table. Nothing sexual, just a good reminder that she is serious. "I guess you can say that."

"Cute" Emily comments, containing her inner fangirl from getting out and scare the two younger girls. 

But my own inner fangirl is too strong. 

"'Cute'?" I repeat, smirking. "You mean : AWE YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE AND SHIT, and then, something like 'woah, Lindsey totally guessed that we'd end up together from the Youth National Team'. How about that ?"

"Cash me outside" Jane lets out, rolling her eyes. 

Andi, on the other hand, just burst into laughter because of the keeper's joke, so Jane finally cracks a smile. 

"That was lame" Emily says. 

"You never 'guessed' us tho" Jane adds. 

I raise my eyebrows. 

"Don't you remember when Cari and I kidnapped you to question you about why you were so nice and touchy with Andi while being a total bitch with the rest of the team ?" I ask, confident. 

Jane looks down. "Oh, yeah, right. My bad." 

That makes the four of us laugh, before our dinner finally comes near the table. I grab Emily's hand under the table, and she answers by a warm smile directed at me. I can guess Jane and Andi are doing the exact same thing in front of us. 

This is what young love looks like. 

**

CHRISTEN

"That didn't go that bad" I comment, trying to reassure Kelsey, who just closed the door behind her. "I mean, Shelina was a little bit cold, but I've heard she always is, Tori in 'protective bestie mode on', and-"

"I love you."

My heart jumps on my chest. 

I stare into her eyes, to find nothing but honestly and confidence. I am quite amazed by her words. I mean, I would never have imagined, back to the day we met and I started bitching on her, that I would fall in love with her and that, even more surprisingly, I'd manage to make her fall for me in return. 

But now we both are on a free fall. 

"You are the most intriguing, annoying and attractive person I have ever met" I whisper, looking straight into her eyes. 

She frowns. 

"Uhm... Thanks" she shyly lets out, obviously uncomfortable. 

"That means I love you too" I immediately clear out. "I love everything about you ; your personality, your soul, your body, your mind..."

"Stop" 

This time, I am the one confused. 

"You just have to s-stop talking" Kelsey goes on, getting closer to me before hugging me tighter than she ever has. "Stop talking and feel my heart beat for you." 

With my hands, I grab the back of her neck, so that I can stare into her piercing eyes again. Of course I feel her heart beat, but she doesn't hear mine literally escaping my body with a violence I never could have predicted. 

Time stops. 

"I feel it."