84

CHRISTEN

Christen : Look, I am sorry about yesterday, even though I meant half the things I said. I really thought you were in trouble, and I got worried and overreacted. Like you always say : I have literally no reason to worry, but still I do worry. A lot.

Kelsey : I know you have a softy for me Press.
Kelsey : Nah, more seriously, except for the part where you went all crazy psycho on me, it wasn't that bad. But, like I said : I never need help, so I wouldn't have sent that text.

Christen : how about you come to my dinner tonight ? I'll cook, so you could take that as a sorry from me.

Kelsey : sorry, busy

Christen : what do you mean, busy ?

Kelsey : well... busy. I don't know what else that word means in your language

Christen : if you change your mind, there is still room for you

I put my phone down, confused. This crazy thought is going through my mind : what if she really is busy with someone else ? Like, a boyfriend or something ? I shake my head, reminding myself that it is none of my business. 

When Julie comes in, she sees that I am not very happy. 

"Are you all right ?" she softly asks, putting her hand on my forearm. 

I look down, setting my jaw. Maybe I should ask her that important question I can't answer by myself ? 

"Have you ever had the impression that someone you like is making it impossible to bring their barriers down ?" 

She nods. "Yes. Those kind of things happen, Chris. What you should really ask yourself is why she doesn't want to put those barriers down in the first place" she wisely says, as my cheeks are turning red. 

"How do you know it's a 'she'?" I ask, truly surprised. 

That causes Julie to roll her eyes. 

"First, before you're gay ; and second, because you're talking about Kelsey even though you won't admit it." she seriously says without any filter. 

"I'm not-"

"Anyway" she interrupts me, because she knows I will be in denial mode or something. She rolls her eyes and adds : "Give her some space, and if she feels the same way than you do, she will come back." 

I nod, before she taps my shoulders and goes back to the kitchen, where my sister and Alyssa are struggling with the food. As I am about to join them, I feel my phone buzz in my hand, and close my eyes once I read it. 

Kelsey : sorry, I really have other plans

Fuck off, Wys, I think to myself, turning my phone off. 

In the meantime, my sister comes into the room, worried about me. I smile at her, trying to hide the fact that I am pissed about something I shouldn't be pissed about, before hugging her and following her to the kitchen. 

Alyssa rolls her eyes. 

"Finally" she mumbles, obviously annoyed. 

"Don't be all grumpy and shit" I say, walking toward her to help her.

That ends up in a pretty good plate, that we eat all together, just like a family - I mean, my sister ultimately is family, but I consider Julie and Alyssa as my spiritual sisters, because we've lived so many things together. 

My thoughts sometimes wander on Kelsey, but every time, I restrain myself from thinking on. This is not going to be fun. 

**

LINDSEY

When the door rings, we both jump off the bed. Emily is still naked, totally out of control. I take a look at the watch hanging at the wall : 7:30. Shit, we overslept. I mean, after a night like this one, it's not surprise that we wouldn't be up by 7. 

I look at Emily, who is panicking. 

"Bathroom" I order, throwing her clothes at her. 

She runs and locks the door behind her, as I am putting some training pants on and do something to my messy hair to make it look like I haven't just woken up like three minutes ago. I then find my way to the door and open it. 

Menges and Michelle are here, raising their eyebrows. 

"Is Sonnett here ?" the goalkeeper asks. 

"Yup, she arrived like fifteen minutes ago" I lie, smiling to my friends. I then let them enter the very small flat I have to myself, and close the door. "She's making herself pretty" I feel the need to add. 

I see my teammates raise their eyebrows. 

"Nice hickey, by the way" Menges lets out, smirking. 

My eyes go wide, as I am looking at my neck in a mirror. A dark mark is indeed on my neck, just near my shoulder. I sigh, and put my t-shirt to cover it, before rolling my eyes and put an extra-jacket so that Allie and Tobin won't make any comment once they make it here. Because today is Thorny's day. 

As I am setting my jaw, I see Michelle laugh. 

"We all know where that comes from though" the brunette says, before they both burst into laughter. She then knocks on the toilet's door. "Come on, Sonnett. Next time you wanna pretend you guys are not spending your nights together, don't mark your girl."

"I didn't do it on purpose !" Emily exclaims after a brief silence.

That makes our teammates burst into laughter. As I am growing worried - because I know Menges sometimes is saying things she isn't supposed to - I cross Michelle's gaze, and she looks reassuring. 

She taps my shoulder. 

"Your secret is safe with us" she lets out, before adding : "Even though it's not much of a secret for anyone". 

I almost chuckle in my saliva. "T-thanks."

When Sonnett comes out of the bathroom, our two teammates tease us for a moment, before starting to plan what we are going to cook for everyone that's coming to watch soccer tonight. When either Menges or Michelle are looking, I firmly grab Emily's waist and pull her closer, stealing a kiss from her, before acting as is nothing happened.

She smirks, before rolling her eyes and join the others.