86

ROSE

When I fell hard on the ground because I slipped while trying to do something great, I hear Gibby's uncontrollable laughter, and that makes me feel irritated. When I sit down, facing her, I pretend to be hurt. 

But she doesn't care. 

"Holy crap, that was something" she lets out, before bursting into laughter again. When I painfully get on my feet, she looks at me again, trying to control her laugh. "I knew you were bad, but I never though you'd be that bad.."

After two seconds - yes, that's all the time she needs - she starts giggling again, as I am crossing my arms against my chest. 

"Everybody slips" I harshly say, quite ashamed of myself. 

She walks toward me, her hands on her legs, relying on them. She then wraps an arm around my shoulders, and that immediately causes my throat to turn sore. I hardly swallow my saliva, as she says : 

"Sure, whatever you say, Sweet Baby Rose

I roll my eyes at her, before tickling her where I know she doesn't like. She lets a loud scream out, getting away from me, but I don't let her go too far. I hold her arm with one of my hand, as the other is all over her stomach and sides, and she can't stop screaming and laughing. My heart beats faster in my chest, but I ignore that feeling. She is trying her best to get off me, but I am just too persistent to let go.

We end up on the ground, because she eventually thought it was a great idea to make me look my balance. We both are on our backs, and my laugh soon joins hers. I turn my head to look at her, but all I see is her magnificent smile. 

"Rose ?" 

Her voice somehow is half serious and half not, which is pretty confusing. 

"Uhm ?" I let out, quite confused. 

"You're kinda cute."

My heart misses a few heartbeats. When I dare to look at her, I see her eyes are locked on me, as she isn't even blushing - while I obviously am, like always when she compliments me or something. 

I smirk. 

"I know." I let out, not willing to look like the girl so in love that she has lost all of her best sassy lines. 

She burst into laughter, before getting on her feet and give me a hand for me to get up with. She then shakes her head. 

"C'mon, we should practice those shots, because you obviously need it" Gibby teases me, smirking. 

I roll my eyes at her, not impressed.

"Says the defender that never scored" I fight back. 

Of course we both know that isn't true, because during our careers in the Youth teams, she scored several goals. But she doesn't say anything, probably tired of my stupidity. Instead, she just turns around and notices that I am looking at her. 

More like checking her out, but she wouldn't even think about that. 

"You coming or what ?"

She's being impatient, so I take the decision to be slow just to annoy her. And that works pretty well, according to the face she is making now. 

** 

CARLI

"Yes baby, mama is coming home soon" I whisper to Ivy, who is finally done crying after ten minutes of screaming in my ears. 

I kiss the baby's forehead, before sitting down on the couch, my back relying on it. Ivy is on me, as I hold her tight. She falls asleep quite immediately, and that leaves me room to think. An idea has been wandering through my thoughts for some time, but now that Ivy has made an entrance into our lives, I don't think Becky will agree. The truth is that we spend so much time in each other's apartment that it'd be more logical to buy one together. But with the season starting soon, and me heading to Houston wouldn't help. 

I sigh, before caressing Ivy's back. I know Zola is supposed to come and pick her up in a few hours, before Becky and I are alone. So I set us a little 'date', because we haven't been able to spend some time alone just the two of us yet. And since she had the doctor to do a general checking this afternoon, she isn't there yet. 

But my eyes were heavier than I thought, so I fell asleep and was woken up by the sweet sensation of her lips on mine. I moan, before opening my eyes : Ivy hasn't moved a bit, still sleeping on my shoulder, as Becky is looking at me with loving eyes. She leans in again and gives me a brief but smooth kiss, before sitting down and grabbing my hand. 

She then smiles. 

"Looks like it's only the two of us tonight babe" she whispers, in order not to wake up her daughter. She caresses my cheeks, cheesing. "I was thinking that we should go to the restaurant or something."

When she sees my facial expression, she frowns. 

"Honestly, I was planning on cooking tonight. For you" I say, smiling. She looks surprised, but remains silent. "You deserve it. You gave life after all !"

"Speaking about that..." Becky starts, setting her jaw. 

I suddenly grow worried. 

Becky takes a piece of sheet out of her bed and hands it to me. When I read the first sentence - the title - my heart drops. Adoption paper for mother-in-law. My eyes immediately get wet, as I am looking back and forth between my girlfriend and the paper. There are two signatures out of three at the bottom of it ; one from Becky, and the other from... Zola. This time, the tears really are falling, as Becky is moved too. 

I tighten my embrace on Ivy, holding her closer to my heart, trying to control the spasms from my body. Becky looks at me, waiting for an answer. 

"Thank you" I whisper between two big crisis of tears. I see her beautiful smile appear on her lips, and she wipes my tears away. I kiss Ivy's head, before firmly grabbing Becky's hand and never let go. "I love you so much, woman." 

She giggles, before leaning in and kissing me. She then relies on my arms, as I feel safe, holding the two women that make my heart beat. 

We are family