20

KRISTIE

I wake up the next morning, and the bed is empty on one side. Guess which one. I bury my face on the pillow. 

When I get up, I immediately know I have a pretty bad hangover. I throw up in the toilets, regretting to have drunk that much. When I reach the kitchen, nobody is here. It's already 1 PM, and I guess my sister and her two 'friends' - I mean, Dahlkemper, obviously... - went out to play soccer or something. As I am trying to cook myself something, despite the taste I have in my mouth, I spot something weird. 

There are luggage, just in front of the door. I frown, before going and checking it out. My heart misses a few heartbeats when I ready Oyster's name on it. 

"I've been called-up in the W-League" a voice says behind me. 

I turn around, surprised to see someone here. Megan is already dressed up, which means she's leaving in few. I don't know why, but I don't want her to go. I want to spend entire days flirting with her, playing that little game that has been established between us. Her piercing blue eyes are on me, waiting for my reaction. I try my best to hide my disappointment - I obviously don't want her to think I care, especially since I've just known her for two weeks approximately - and look at her, and then at her luggage. 

She seems concerned. 

"That's.... great, Oyster" I let out. 

She frowns. "You don't seem that happy" she comments. 

"What ?" I ask, raising my voice and my hands in the air. "You want me to jump everywhere and sing weird chants about you leaving to Australia for months ? That is not going to happen, Oyster ! Watch me stand here, saying nothing, because I genuinely don't give a fuck about you leaving ! Stop thinking that-" I yell, quite aggressive. 

"Woah" Sam exclaims from behind me. 

Abby right behind her, my sister just burst into the room. I throw a look at Megan, who is about to answer something, before walking off the room. As I walk next to my sister and her 'girlfriend', a strong arm stops me. 

My sister is frowning. 

"What's going on here, Kris ?" she asks, confused. 

I am confused myself : why am I even angry ? 

"Nothing" I mutter. "Gotta go get ready" 

With that said, I just leave the room without even looking back. After that, I close my door and lock it up, before collapsing on my bed. I hear the three girls' voices, and then silence. The sound of the luggage being rolled outside makes me regret everything I said, but I don't move. Not even a bit. I am genuinely so angry. Angry at Megan because she's leaving for months, and angry at myself because I let her. 

I shake my head : all I have to do is ignore that rage. I calm down, as the car starts, and my sister drives her friend straight to the airport before saluting my parents. I stay in the dark, thinking about her. 

Shit

**

KELLEY

We're off for a coffee. 

Ali is sitting next to me. I know she misses her brother and feels terrible about what she said to him. She is the kind of person to always think 'what if it's the last words I told him ? What if his plane crashes, what if...' and then feeling guilty about that. When Crystal arrived yesterday because she knew her friend needed support - Alex is obviously the one calling her, and she did great by doing so - Ali needed her friends here. So I stayed, and Ash too. I mean, Ash lives here, but she chose not to go home to her parents to help Ali out. 

So, basically, everybody know about her attraction to Shelina. She handed me her phone so I can read the texts the younger girl sent her in the last four days. 

[Friday, 8:56 PM] Ali, please answer. I'm worried about you. 

[Friday, 9:34 PM] I know you read my text. Please text back. 

[Friday, 11:04 PM] I'm here for you Ali. If you want me to, I can jump on a plane right now ! Please answer...

[Saturday, 3 AM] I feel like you're mad, but I can't say if you're mad at me too... Why aren't you answering ? ALI !  

[Saturday, 7:45 AM] Seriously, what happened ? I don't want you to feel like you're alone ! I promised you I'd be here no matter what. Please answer my calls. 

[Saturday, 9:32 AM] ....

[Saturday, 3:29 PM] I know you called Crystal.... Plz answer.

[Saturday, 8:02 PM] Look, I get you've got your best friends by your side. I just want some news from you, just to know you're okay.  

[Sunday, 5 AM] ...

I put the phone down. 

"Well" I comment, trying not to be too sarcastic. "Someone cares about you."

Ali sighs and buries her face in her hands. Ashlyn stares at me, and I get that it's her way to tell me to shut up. The brunette looks at us again, her hands covering her mouth. I look down, not sure what to say. 

Crystal is the one talking : 

"Maybe you should tell her you're okay" she advises, nodding her head. "You know her : she stubborn."

I start smiling for no reason. I'm glad Ali hasn't seen that, otherwise she'd have ripped my head off.

The brunette smiles.

"I can't. I won't be able to forget her if-" she starts.

She's interrupted by her phone buzzing. Her face turns white as she reads the text.

I take the phone from her hands and start reading in the same time than Ash does above my shoulder.

[Sunday, 5 PM] Look next to the statue across the street.

All of our eyes are now locked on the other side of the street, where a very upset Canadian brunette is standing, arms crossed against her chest.

Ali just got in trouble.