45

KAYLYN

I roll my eyes. 

Sarah is always late. Like, I'm not even kidding : it's our first day of workout today, and she still manages - after countless days of procrastinating and resting - not to wake up on time. She is just like a child that is in denial mode that he's just not made for school system. I blow the horn with insistence, as the front door of her building finally opens. 

She is making weird gestures at me, which probably means that she's been yelled at by her neighbors because of all the noise I've made. Once she opens the door and angrily sits down on my car, she throws something at me, that I later recognize as her shocks. 

"Ew" I jokingly let out, giving her those things back. 

Sarah smirks. "Dude, the old man that lives in the first floor just told me I was going to die today because I woke him up" she lets out, and that immediately makes me laugh. She hits me in the arm, before saying : "Eh, that's not funny !"

"It is" I giggle, before starting the car. 

She rolls her eyes, as I drive us to the gym. 

I wouldn't say things have changed between us ; I mean, I've always been in love with her from day 1, when I met her in that press conference for the Pride. I've been here to pick up the pieces Allie left behind, and even after she had sex with Alex, I was there for her. Now that they both are out of the way, she looks happier. She's never spoken badly about Allie, and I understand why - she's been an amazing girlfriend to her, and they really were in love. They plit out in a common agreement, and moved on. 

But there is something weird about Sarah ; I have this impression that she is sometimes flirting with me. The problem being that I don't know if it's just me imagining things - as usual, or the reality.  

"Earth to K" Sarah yells when she realizes I am lost in my thoughts. I shake my head and get out of the car, and she does the same. She then frowns. "Are you okay ? You seemed... Somewhere else ?" she asks, worried. 

I shake my head. "I'm good. Ready to work that ass now" I then joke, slapping my own ass. 

She burst into laughter and we both get inside. She holds the door to me, and when I come in, she wraps her arms around me from behind, lifting me up a little bit. I feel my heart drop, and then beat hardest in my chest, but I ignore that. That's something she always does, and that shouldn't make me feel this way. 

When the trainer finally acknowledge our presence, she lets me go, a big smile on her face.  

**

MOE

A : {9:34 AM} hey, I am in Carson today, wanna meet ? :)

My heart drops some beats. 

Oh. My. God. Is it time to freak out right now ? I mean, I'd like to be some confident person that can tell a girl 'hey, I like you, let's go out and make out', but I am just not that confident. I'd be the kind to just look at her crush for hours without being caught up and enjoy it while it lasts - that's what I did all year long during the Dash's training, by the way. I shake my head, intensively looking at my phone. 

I am currently sitting on the 'living room' as we call it, because training only is in half an hour, but since I couldn't sleep anymore, I just got up and came here to have some WiFi. Jaelene and Becky joined me only minutes ago. Speaking of which, the defender looks at me and sees something is wrong. 

She looks at the screen and smiles. 

"Andressa ?" she asks, raising her eyebrow. 

If Lindsey was here right now, I'd kill her. I mean, between her, Sonnett and Sam, everybody now know I've got a crush on my teammate. I don't like that impression that people might be judging you. 

Or that Andressa finds out. 

"Yeah" I say, nodding. 

"You should go" Becky advises me, a big smile on her face. "I mean, she's the one inviting you, you should take the opportunity." 

"I'm scared about what people might think-" I start. 

Jaelene smirks. "Come on, we all know you like her ! Nobody is judging you, Moe !" she exclaims, a grin on her face. 

"Says the one that made an homophobic comment once" I say, throwing shade at her because that's my way to defend myself. 

She rolls her eyes. "That was forever ago !" she then complains. "And I didn't mean it that way."

Becky, who feels the tension, only says : "Moe, she might be a very religious person, but she respects you and your choices. And so does every other person on that team, because we love and support you !" she exclaims, while Jaelene is nodding her head. The co-captain then wraps her arm around me. "Don't worry about people, worry about the fact that you will finally see your girl after months being apart !"

"Geez" I let out, taking my phone in my hands again. I then throw a death glare at the captain, who is smirking. "Since when are you such a romantic person ?"

When I see Becky blush, I know there is something up. I've not seen her smile that big ever since she was with Zola. So either they just picked up the pieces and started over again, or she just found someone else. 

She smiles. 

"Well, you know..." she starts, trying to find the right words to defend herself. 

"You might be the best defender ever, but there is no way you can defend that secret while I am alive !" I exclaim, and Jaelene burst into laughter. 

Becky rolls her eyes, getting up. "We better get ready, and you should definitely text your girl back before she thinks you're ignoring her" the blonde says, pointing at my phone. 

When she leaves the room, followed by Jaelene, I start frowning. I am tempted to ask her who it is, but I know she'd never tell me. So I take my phone in hand and start texting Andressa back, a wide smile on my face. 

M : {9:41 AM} got training until 1 PM, maybe we can meet for dinner ?