24

KRISTIE

I am helping Abby pack. 

The girl hasn't say a single word, fighting her tears. I exchange a look with Megan, but she seems not to understand what I am trying to say. So, while Abby is on the phone with her mom, I turn to her and get closer. 

"Talk to her" I whisper, acting as if nothing happened. 

She frowns. "What no- you talk to her !" she exclaims on the same tone. 

I send her a killer look. "Dude, she's your goddamn friend, so you better move your ass and talk to her because I suck at those things" I aggressively order.  

"Yeah" she lets out, rolling her eyes at me. "You definitely suck at everything, even kissing."

I stop what I am doing. Was that a pick up line ? Or did she really not enjoy the kiss we shared ? Because I can't even say if I enjoyed it or not... I shake my head, looking at her. The best way to find out is ask. 

"I beg your pardon ?" I say, raising my eyebrows. Without even meaning to, I get a little bit closer to her, so that my hand touches hers. She looks up at me, not taking her own hand back, with a neutral face expression on. "You didn't seem to think that... back then." 

She blushes. 

Oh my God, what does that even mean ?  How in the world is she able to have such a serious face I can't translate what she thinks ? Did she like it ? Or not ? Maybe she's just making fun of me ? Pull it together, Kristie ! I wait for her answer because I honestly don't really know what to say. She bites her lips, and keeps on packing. Once she's getting away from me a little bit, her sassy mouth opens again. 

"You were the one turned on" she teases, raising her eyebrows at me. 

Well, that I can't deny. As I am feeling more and more uncomfortable, I keep on packing too, trying to hide my blush. I rarely blush, but when I do my skin is turning very red, so it's difficult to hide it. 

Thank the Lord, Abby chooses this moment to come into the room. I can see Oyster smirk, and then my sister's girlfriend coming to help us. She really seems upset, so I throw a look at Megan, who just seems annoyed. 

But she says : 

"Abby, what happened with Sam ?" she asks in a soft voice. 

I can clearly see that Dahlkemper is helpless. She doesn't seem as confident as she usually is, and also pretty weak. I wonder what did my sister do to make her that sad... I pray the Lord so that she didn't break things off with her, because I usually don't like Sam's boyfriends, but this one (girlfriend, obviously) really is nice. 

Because of Megan's sweet eyes, Abby just sits down on the bed, and we surround her by sitting on each side. Megan immediately wraps an arm around her shoulders, and something in my stomach seems to disturb me. 

Abby buries her face into her hands. 

"S-she told me she'd bring her ex-girlfriend here, and I freaked out b-because..." she starts, before bursting into tears. As Megan is comforting her by hugging her, and throws a death glare at me. I know I should be doing the same thing, but I really hate human contact. So I just tap on her leg with kindness (and awkwardness). "Because my two last relationships ended because the guys fell back in love with their ex-girlfriends, and I was just left alone with my heart broken, b-but this time I don't know if I can recover, I-"

"Abby" Megan cuts her off. The blonde lifts her eyes and looks at her, waiting for her to deliver one of her magic speeches or something. "Her relationship with Sonnett happened forever ago... they-"

"WAIT" I exclaim, clicking. "My sister dated Sonnett ?" 

Megan looks like she's given away a crucial information. Her and Abby exchange a look, before the blue-eyed says : 

"Keep your mouth shut, otherwise Sam will kill me" 

I roll my eyes. 

"Anyway" I say in a reluctant tone. "Back to my sister : she's many things, but she's not a jerk, and she obviously loves you more than anything - including me and our dead dog that was so old we had to kill her - so you shouldn't be freaked out." 

The words I have just let out seems to have chocked both Megan and Abby. The second is looking at her hands, probably taking a decisions, while the other one is looking at me, a small smile on her lips. 

I frown. 

"I have to go home" Abby concedes, looking down. "I'm sorry." 

I grab her arm. "You better not break her heart, because I was starting to like you." I warn her. "Just saying." 

At that exact moment, the door opens, and I can clearly hear Steph's voice greeting my mother with energy. Only, there is a second voice, and it's not Sam. Totally not Sam. I look at the sky and exclaims a silent 'Shit'. 

Sonnett's here sooner than expected. 

**

ALEX

After a few days spent at Syd's, I decided to go home in Orlando. 

Of course, my plan involves avoiding everyone on my team, and hopefully not cross Kaylyn's way otherwise I'll be beheaded. I know Kelley is still here, as well as Ashlyn. I sent them a text to tell them when I'd be back, and they immediately offered to come as a moral support, watch soccer and talk about something else if I want to. 

The door rings, and I rush to tidy the rest of my room, and then clean the kitchen. I bet Ashlyn's here because it rings again, and that shows how impatient she is. I hurry up and run at the door. 

When I opened it, my heart missed a few beats. 

What the hell is she doing here ?