5

BECKY

I roll my eyes, trying to keep my composure. It's the fifth time in a row that my ex is trying to call me. In a single minute.

As I am putting the phone down, I feel two warm and strong arms being wrapped around my waist. When Carli's hands reach my stomach, I shiver. She smirks. I know she likes the way she can make me shiver in less than two touches. She likes to be in charge, she likes when I want her. I smile and put my hands on her forearms.

She kisses my neck, before walking off me. She starts to make us some coffee, all dressed in her New Jersey extra large T-shirt, with only a panty under it. I smile at how cheesy she looks. Even though she's the raining player of the year, she still is human. People tend to forget that : the fan, our coaches... But I don't. And I like her that way.

She notices that I am checking her out and raises her eyebrows. I have a soft laugh, shamelessly taking another peek at her.

"I know I'm sexy as fuck" Carli starts with sass. "But you really need to focus because your glass is already full."

As she says that, I feel the water on my hands and stop the flow. I roll my eyes, as she is laughing out loud. I love the sound of her laugh, especially since people don't get to hear it often. But with me, it looks like she's laughing all the time. The best part about it is the little giggle she always has when she stops. 

I frown. 

"Wait, what have you planned for today again ?" I ask, remembering that she talked to me about something yesterday. 

She smiles. "Some of the girls of the Dash are coming for dinner" she says. 

"Right." I then raise my eyebrows. "What does 'some of them' mean ?"

"Well, the ones in Houston" she says, shrugging. "It's, like... Well, Melissa Henderson, Janine Beckie, Kealia Ohai, Becca Moros, and-"

"Some of them" I repeat, rolling my eyes.  

"I never said I was good in mathematics." she says, quite annoyed. "It's one of the rare things the great Carli Lloyd can't do. So give her a rest." 

"You're unbelievably modest" I smirk.

She pecks my lips, and I immediately break the connexion. That makes her laugh and go back to her coffee. 

"You can stay if you want" she proposes. "You can say you're visiting."

"Why would I be visiting you ?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

Nobody know about us. I mean, except from Hope. But the rest of the world doesn't know. They just things we're friends. Not good friends, but teammates that respect each other and have to captain a team together, even though Carli really is the spiritual leader of the team. 

She sees my concern. 

"Becks, they'll never figure it out" she assures me, grabbing my hands in hers. When she sees I'm not very into it, she adds : "I know. I know." 

I softly kiss her lips, putting my hand in the hollow of her back. Then, I let her grab the coffees and we head to the balcony. 

I sit down, relying on her arms. She kisses my forehead. 

"Sorry" I let out, feeling guilty. "I just... Nobody must know." 

"I know, baby. It's okay." 

I sigh. 

**  

STEPH

(This PoV is always McCaffrey's)

I get out of the house, excited to finally meet this girl Sam talked a lot about. 

When Kristie was traded to Washington, another player was traded in return in Boston. This player is Megan Oyster. She basically is the person everybody appreciate. The proof of that is that, when she said she'd come to Boston just to become familiar with the atmosphere and the people she's going to be playing in front of, Sam and Abby Dahlkemper immediately proposed to come with her. I mean, Sam is already here, but Abby made the trip with Megan. 

I've seen her many times before. Her sparkling blue eyes are friendly and shy, while her body and face are flawless. She might not be the person we notice when we enter the room, but when she starts talking or laughing, there is just something about her that is so... That makes everybody want to know her. 

I know Sam, Abby and her have known each other for a while. They played in UCLA together, and then for the youth national teams. I mean, Abby knows everybody, but Sam usually is not the person to get attached too fast. Her friendships can me summarized as her Flash teammates - especially Abby, since she's her roommate - her sister and me. 

When we finally arrive in the airport, Sam seems beyond excited, but also very nervous and weird (she always is, but this time it seems to have increased). I exchange a look with Kristie, who says : 

"So" she says in a very slow annoying voice. "You're really happy to see her" 

Sam's eyes seem to become darker, as she remains silent for a while. She tries to contain herself. That's what she usually does whenever something is bothering her. I frown : that's very weird. She never is like that with us. 

"Yeah" she agrees, frowning. "Last time I saw her was at the NWSL finale" She then turns her head on us. "You know, when we beat her." 

"Don't brag" Kristie says, rolling her eyes. 

Her younger sister just smirks and raises her eyebrows. 

"Oh" I let out, while looking in a certain direction. 

When she sees Megan and Abby appear on her field of view, Sam rushes into their arms, holding both of them close. They remain in that position for several minutes, during which Kristie looks at me, rolling her eyes. 

"Damn" she lets out, bitter. "Thank the Lord you're not like my sister"

"Physical contact is definitely not our thing" I say, and she smiles. My attention gets caught with the three girls, who are laughing loudly already. "It's gonna be a very long week." 

"Yup" Kristie lets out, beginning to head their way. 

I roll my eyes and follow her. Kristie is probably thanking the Lord that Sam and her friends are going to stay in their grandparents', and not in my place. I mean, Gina would have welcomed everybody. 

I force a smile.