85

ANDI

After a very busy day, during which Jane just kept distancing herself from me, we finally make it back to the hotel. I am quite confused, because as soon as her new teammates showed up - those people being Melissa Henderson and Cari Roccaro (that Jane and I know from Youth National Teams) - she really didn't act the same. It's hard to believe she kissed me this morning in the middle of a street. 

Nevertheless, I decided not to say anything about that. I mean, I'm here to support her in that new scary environment, and I know she needs me at this point. When we are done eating and getting ready to go to bed, I try to head on my bed - there are two in the same room - but I feel her gaze on me. 

When I turn around, I see her smiling. 

"Come here" she whispers. 

I freeze. 

She has her arms wide open, and a very calm look on her eyes. I grow confused : why does she want me to lie down in her arms if she just ignored me all day long ? Why does she have to be so confusing ? I know I should resist, or at least say something, but all I manage to do is nod and head into her arms. 

Once I feel them wrapped around me, as well as Jane soft breathing on the top of my head, I start wondering something. 

"Jane..." I start, not really confident. 

She frowns and encourages me to rely on my elbows so that we can have a real conversation. She feels that I am tensed. 

"Yes ?" she asks, as her fingers are caressing my back. 

I suddenly straighten, sitting down in front of her. "What is going on here ?" I ask, maybe a little bit too aggressively.  

For the first time today, Jane seems lost. 

"Uhm... Well, I thought I read the signs well, but you obviously look confused" she says, gazing into my eyes like never before. 

That causes my body to shiver. 

What do you really want, Andi ? That's the one billion question today. I mean, it's an easy question, because it is obvious that I have had feelings for her for, like, forever ago, but I am too scared to just, jump in. Even though Jane is someone I can clearly see myself with, just because I've loved her all thorough my teenage years, and when we kissed at parties or stuff like that, I would just think it was meaningless for her. Even when everybody was telling me how much her eyes would sparkle every time she looked at me, I wouldn't believe them. But now that she is sitting down that close to me right now, I don't know anymore. 

My hand somehow slips on her neck, before slowly caressing her jawline, before I slowly, very slowly lean in.  

I look deep into her eyes, and see she feels reassured by my gesture. She is holding me firmly, as I am biting my lips, looking down at hers. When I finally close the gab between us, she tighten her embrace, so that we really are glued together. We immediately start moving our lips in sync, and eventually got too caught up by the kiss to keep our balance. She falls on her back again, as I am literally on top of her. She doesn't mind though, as her fingers are tracing small circles on the lower part of my back. 

She then starts laughing, so I pull away, confused. 

"What ?" I ask, worried that she might regret this. 

In order to comfort me, she only holds me closer, biting her lips again. I put a lock of hair behind her ears, and she smirks. 

"You're adorable, that's what" Jane whispers, winning.