51

{A/N : to start off the second part of the book, here are the now main PoVs of the story ; Carli, Sam, Lindsey, Janine (Beckie), Tobin & Kristie}

*

JANINE

My apartment finally looks like an actual apartment. After hours and hours of cleaning my and my roommate's mess (*cough* Melissa Henderson *cough*), I am finally done. I found some things I totally forgot about on the way, and that's pretty convenient. Houston is now my home, and start the season with the Dash is a great opportunity. 

Why clean my whole apartment on a Sunday morning, you might ask ? Before you ask, no, it's not a Canadian thing to do, okay ? It's just that some of my teammates are coming to visit me and take some time off before the games on February. And by teammates, I mean ; Carm Moscato, Melissa Tanc(redi), and Shelina. I am quite nervous, because 1) they've never come here, ever, and 2) because I suck at hosting people. But since Melissa left her bed for two people, I will be able to offer each of them some room to sleep. 

When the bell rings, I anxiously walk toward the door, unlocking it. When I finally open it, I immediately am hugged, and blonde very curly hair are on my field of view. I hear Tanc's laugh, as Carm is tightening her embrace just because she knows I don't really like that kind of thing. She then releases me, a big smile on her face. 

"Dear Lord" she exclaims, looking at me from head to toes. "When did you become such a grown woman ? Damn J, you're hot !"

I immediately blush, as Tanc and Shelina burst into laughter. 

"All right Casanova, get in so that She and I can remove our shoes" Tanc sarcastically lets out, rolling her eyes at her teammate. 

My heart then jumps on my chest ; she is going to retire. That only thought inside of my head is enough to make me sad all of a sudden. The thing with those three legends is that they all are apart of my 'education', to say the least. Tanc is my roommate, Rhian is like my soul sister, and Marie-Eve is my life coach. I have never taken the field without them on it, and the fact that Carm is not on the team either for now makes me sad. 

I hide my embarrassing state of mind and let Carm in, as the two others are already chatting about how awkwardly clean my apartment is. I can bet Chappy told them I usually am such a messy person, and were expecting the worse. 

As soon as Tanc steps on the apartment, she spots my Canadian flag, just next to Melissa's USA one.  

"What a great patriot you are, J !" she exclaims, wrapping one of her arm around my shoulder, smiling down at me. "I'm proud of you !"

"Stop" I groan, rolling my eyes. 

She laughs and joins Carm, as they are now inspecting every corner of the apartment, saying my name every time they come across something weird (that usually belongs to my roommate, by the way). I sigh and turn around to see what Shelina is up to.

After finally being able to remove her shoes - those damn high heels boots sometimes - she steps toward me, closing the door behind her. When her crystal clear eyes are set on mine, I feel a shiver down my back, but ignore it. She smiles at me, before pulling me into a tight but brief hug. She then looks at me. 

"It's good to see you" she then says, her smile brightening the room. 

I feel dizzy all of a sudden. 

"Yeah, you too" I answer, trying my best not to stammer. 

She nods, and we head to the kitchen, in which Tanc and Carm already are up to no good. 

**  

KRISTIE

Steph's dogs seem to really have a thing for Megan, because as soon as we arrived at the brunette's, they wouldn't leave her alone. I mean, I get that she's very cute and attractive, but still, I think that sitting on her legs and stomach is not a very good way to let her breathe. Nonetheless, I let them here, smirking. 

Now that she said she loved me too, I feel like a new woman. Don't get me wrong ; I am not the 'chick-too-in-love-to-think-about-anything-else-but-my-person-oh-god-I-will-marry-her-one-day' kind of person. It is difficult, I know, to hide feelings. But I don't want to be the desperate one in that relationship, whatever it is. I mean, our feelings are no defined, but the same can't be said about the relationship. I realized that earlier, when Steph asked what really was happening right now. 

I really am happy to have such an understanding friend as Stephanie is. I mean, she sure is a pain in the ass sometimes, but she truly is a sister to me. And the fact that she likes Megan is a very good thing, otherwise she'd have done just like with my most recent boyfriend ; making her life a living hell. 

As we are now watching some TV show, Stephanie comes up with an idea : 

"What if we do a training session tomorrow ?"

Both Megan and I look at her, raising our eyebrows. As Megan is about to answer something very enthusiastic because she loves soccer, I say : 

"Megan has to be careful with her head"

As the blonde is throwing a death glare at me, Steph says : 

"Gotcha. But she can still watch up kill it in front of a goal, right Kratcheta ?"

"Yes" I hesitantly say, not willing to be a bitch right now. I mean, it is really tempting, but what if Megan just wants to play and can't and then becomes sad ? "I don't know."

As Steph is about to say something else, my phone starts ringing. When I see my sister's name on the screen, I grow worried : she never calls in the middle of the afternoon, she is supposed to be training. 

I frown. 

"Yeah ?" 

"Hey, something happened" Sam says, her voice growing worried. 

I immediately put the loudspeaker so that the two others can hear as well. I start wondering what happened at camp. 

"What is it ?" I ask, willing to have this question answered. 

"Becky's in the hospital right now" Sam says, whispering. I immediately assume she is either in the hospital, or in a room full with people. "And Carli is gone. We don't know where she went. Can you ask Steph if she can try and call her ? Maybe she can make her talk." 

"Sure" I say, making a sign to Steph. 

The brunette grabs her phone and starts searching for the number. Megan, on the other hand, just looks lost, but she remains silent. As Steph is looking elsewhere, I take Megan's hand in mine, and that immediately make her blue eyes brighter. I then quickly lean in to kiss her lips, before focusing on the phone again. 

Sam is impatient though. 

"Hurry please"

"She's looking for the number, chill Petunia" I let out, rolling my eyes. "What are you doing right now ?" 

"Waiting with Lynn and Casey, because Jill wanted someone to be at the hotel if Carli comes back or something. Some of the girls are downtown, and the rest is at the hospital with Becky, but we don't know much yet." 

I can hear in her voice that she is lying about the 'we don't know much yet'. She knows something, definitely, but I figure she can't tell me right now. I silently nod, as Steph is trying to call Carli again.

She suddenly jumps. 

"Hey, Car ?" she calls, frowning. "Where are you ?"

"Sam ?" I ask in my own cellphone. "Carli's not dead."