66

KAYLYN

I slowly turn around, confused.

Tonight, Sarah and I went on a 'date'. I mean, it probably wasn't a date to her, but for me it totally was. We went to the cinema, and then after that to the restaurant. She kindly paid for all of it, even though I was complaining about that decision. After a few laughs and one hour of walking - because we wanted to remain 'fit' or something - we finally reached her apartment, that is about thirty minutes away from mine. 

As I was about to turn around and go after I told her goodbye, she called me from the porch. So here I am, waiting for her to walk toward me. When she finally finds herself standing in front of me, I grow nervous. 

She shyly smiles at me. 

"I feel bad for letting you walk thirty more minutes" she says, her childish eyes lightening. I frown, and she continues : "Don't you want to sleep here ?"

Uhm, yes of course, even in your bed if you want me to, I think to myself, before shaking my head no. 

"Nah, it's okay, I should probably-" I start.

But I can't finish that sentence.

She has gotten way closer to me than before, her hands grabbing the back of my neck, and my hair along the way. She brings me closer to her, as her eyes are looking down to my lips. My breathing stops, as she is clearly leaving me hanging. 

"Are you sure ?" she asks, raising her eyebrows.

I look down at her lips, clearly not able to resist. "Uh-well, maybe..." I whisper, defeated but stubborn. 

She smiles, and leans in. 

Her kiss is gentle, soft and caring at the same time. Her lips slowly capture my bottom lip, biting it sexily, as I am feeling like I am melting inside. I let a small 'mmh' out, but that doesn't stop her. Still calm and collected, she puts a lock of my hair behind my ears, and pulls away a tiny little bit, only to look at me in the eyes. Our foreheads are resting against each other, and my heart is pounding in my chest. 

She then whispers : 

"You can take my car if you want"

"Y-yes, p-please" I stammer, before rolling my eyes at myself. 

She has a soft laugh, before taking her keys away. She then takes a step back, grabbing my hand, before putting the keys on it, her eyes not leaving mine. Once she has made sure I was holding the keys right, she lets go of any physical contact and puts her hands behind her back, looking at me calmly. 

I am too chocked to say anything, so I just look at her as well, setting my jaw. Geez, you're a grown woman Kay. You're not even drunk, so clearly you should be able to produce a full sentence. Come on

With all the courage I can gather, I take a step toward her, before getting on my toes and crashing my lips on hers. She responses immediately, as our lips are now moving in sync until I break it off. 

"Thank you" I whisper, looking at her in the eyes. 

She has a nervous giggle. "You're welcome." 

After she said that, I just turn around and walks away, a wide smile on my face. This kiss was a promise, a promise that I would never forget. The promise that I would not leave her the way other did. 

**

LINDSEY

Almost everybody almost left. 

I mean, the hotel is literally empty. I know the NC Courage girls have to get to North Carolina to find somewhere to live, while a lot of girls - such as Alex, Tobin, Allie, Crystal, and all the non-newbies out there (Moe included) - just are in the airport to go in Kansas. I, on the other hand, didn't feel like going right away, thinking that Becky would probably want some air. I will visit her later, when nobody else is here. 

As I am on the hallway, I hear a big noise in one of the room. Since the door in open, I walk in, before bursting into laughter. 

Jane is here, on the ground, her suitcase on her. She probably just fell while trying to close that thing, even though she has way too many things in that. When she hears my laugh, she puts the luggage away and sits down, raising her eyebrows. 

"Shut up" she mutters, obviously embarrassed with herself. 

I shake my head. "Yeah, now that Andi is not here anymore, you don't even know how to pack properly" 

I can see her facial expression change in less than a second, while her cheeks are turning red. She rolls her eyes at me while she gets up. 

"Andi has nothing to do with that" she harshly says, giving me a defying look. 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that" a voice says behind us. When I turn around and see Sonnett and Rose, I smile at them, before playfully looking at Jane, who just looks like she's about to get punished or something. Emily's not done yet. "Come on, we all know you love her. Why don't you admit it ?"

"I don't !" Jane exclaims, raising her hands in the air. "That's just you guys imagination. And even if it was true, Andi's straight."

"Yeah" Rose mutters under her breath. "As straight as a circle" (A/N : KWEENY)

Jane blushes even more (who thought that was even possible) while Emily is standing next to me, her arms crossed against her chest. Rose raises her eyebrows, while I let a soft laugh out because of what she said. 

"So, I've heard that she was coming with you in Houston when you'll be visiting the town, is that true ?" Sonnett asks, her eyes lightened by an impression of power. 

I can see the keeper rolling her eyes. "Of course she's coming, I won't visit a city on my own. And she's my best friend." 

"Mmh-mmh" I thoughtfully let out, smirking. "Seriously, you should tell her how you feel, otherwise you'll regret it when she'll go away with some other... person of whatever" I say, raising my voice a little bit. I know Jane won't admit it, but I don't care : messing with her is funny. "Now that Trump is president, the world can end any day, so you better grab her by the pussy and kiss her"

"Oh my God, stop !" Jane complains, rolling her eyes again. 

Sonnett smirks. "Come on, you know you want to make sweet love to her and shit" she says, but she isn't looking at Jane. 

Of course I know that look by now. Her eyes are smirking. 

"No ! You guys really must stop now" the blonde keeper says, shaking her head no. "Love is not only about sex !"

Rose is grinning. "Does that mean you feel love for her, Janice ?" she asks, excited like she's never been before, clapping her hands together. 

The tall keeper sighs. "Fine, maybe. But I will never tell her, so stop saying it okay ? I trust you guys."

"AWE" Rose yells, before jumping into Jane's arms. 

Meanwhile, I can see Sonnett smiling, before winking at me. Something in my stomach is hurting, and I know those fresh thoughts of mine should not be : I can't be in love with her. That's not part of the deal. 

I look down.