Morning Complications

I'm in a nice dream then suddenly I'm drowning, not in my dream in real life. I sit up, faster than I knew possible, gasping for air as I wipe water off my face. "What the hell!" I yell, opening my eyes and seeing my younger brother, who is seven, with a now empty bucket in his hands and my other brother who is my twin (he's older than me by two minutes) Wyatt stood at the door with a video camera.

"That's it! This video will go viral!" Danny, my little brother, exclaims before dropping the bucket and running out the door snatching the camera out of Wyatt's hands.

"You better run you little rug rat!" I call after Danny, throwing the soaking covers off my body and running after him. As I approach my door Wyatt slams his hand down in front of me, blocking my exit.

Even though we are twins he was still half a foot taller than me and a hell of a lot broader and stronger, people always thought he was way older than me.

"What are you doing?" I ask him in a sharp tone.

"Just giving him a little head start." Wyatt smirks, tapping his finger against the door frame as he counts down under his breath. "... two, one." He pulls his arm out the way and I race past him after Danny.

"It was for my fame Nora. I'm going to be a YouTube sensation!" Danny yells excitedly.

"Not if I kill you before it gets uploaded." I scoff with a devilish voice as I run round the kitchen table, swiping my hand out and missing him by less than a millimetre. Wyatt appears in the door frame and bursts into laughter.

"You better run faster Danny she almost got you." He chuckles as Danny runs past him.

"Help me then." Danny pants, continuing to run. I follow him but as soon as I do Wyatt grabs my wrist, pulling me to a stop and throws me over his shoulder, literally throws me, I nearly fell off the other side.

"You always help him." I sigh in a fake childish voice.

"Run Danny out the backdoor." Wyatt laughs.

"I can't it's locked!" Danny exclaims, pulling on the door handle.

"Then I guess your stuck in here with me." I say in an over the top evil voice. Wyatt carries me into the living room, following Danny on his quest to find the keys.

"I've got a better idea." Danny says before slapping me on the back of my exposed calf which I let slide but he does it again.

"Wyatt help me out here!" I exclaim.

"Danny stop it." He orders, putting his hand to his head and pushing him away.

"Don't be so ruff!" Danny yells.

"Stop being such a baby!" I shout at Danny.

"You're the baby Nora, you couldn't even handle his slaps." Wyatt laughs.

"They hurt!" All our arguing turns into a big mumble of noise but my parents make themselves known at the dinner table, looking through the open plan room at us, silencing us.

"Morning." My dad says which shuts us all up and Wyatt drops me down on the couch. "Are you kids ever going to tone down the crazy?"

"Nora why are you dripping wet?" My mom, Debra, asks.

"Danny threw water over me!" I exclaim. "Soaking me and my bed."

"Danny." My mom sighs.

"It was for a video, I'm going to be rich!" He exclaims which make my parents laugh.

"That's it? You're just laughing? I thought I was drowning, my mattress is ruined and I'll be luckily if my phone wasn't hit by the water." I explain in a sharp tone.

"He's seven Nora. When you were his age you wanted to be a dancer and he wants to be a YouTube person." My dad says.

"A YouTuber." Danny corrects.

"What I wanted didn't involve ruining other people's stuff!" I shout before storming up the stairs.

"Don't you want breakfast? I'm making pancakes!" My mom calls after me.

"I'll get Starbucks." I shout down from my room before slamming the door.