Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

Morgan was staring out the window with irritation. The car ride was taking too long, when are they getting there?

She wanted to get tonight’s agendas done with so she could get back and enjoy her rewards; her little powder bag and injection...

A tiny guilt-thought flittered through her mind that lit up the fact that most people would have their boys on their mind instead. She just as quickly brushed it away and carried on starring out the window.

But something was still bothering her now that she thought about it, it wasn’t really about the incredibly long drive- this guy can’t be serious!- but it was like her mind was trying to alert her of something important yet she couldn’t put her finger on it! This infuriated her even more and she impulsively smashed her fist against the window.

It didn’t break but the suddenness startled her driver who swerved in panic.

He quickly got control of the wheel again and nervously looked back at his master through the review mirror. He was met with an ice-y glare that told him he was standing on his last straw. He quickly looked away from those chilling eyes and focused on getting them to their destination as quickly as possible!

Morgan spent a few more seconds silently using every curse word in the book to describe her imbecile of a driver before going back to her previous trail of thought.

An image of that stupid black girl who had bumped into them earlier flashed into her mind for a split second…

Yes, that had irritated her too, but she asked herself what was so significant about her as most of those filthy hoes irritated her, especially new ones, she realized as she doesn’t remember seeing her from before.

((That’s strange; I usually meet the new recruits))

Another thought jumped at her. In fact she had specifically demanded Ferroscjar to stop accepting black ones into her coven as she felt they all caused too much trouble, those filthy hood-rats! Not that Ferroscjar actually stopped bringing them in but he knew to at least discuss it with her before so she could somewhat have a say to the type of girl she has to share him with for a time.

That seemed to ring an alarm in her head as she realized that Ferroscjar wasn’t even there! If there was any new girl, they would have brought her straight to Morgan first as the second in command!

Something didn’t seem right…

WHO IS THAT GIRL??!!

Her answer seemed to jump at her as she glanced out the window at the exact time they passed by a newspaper billboard with Aura’s face next to the caption: “PR Guru: Guilty of Kidnap?”

“STOP THE CAR!!!” she suddenly yelled at the driver as her mind went into overdrive, unraveling the links.

The car jolted to a stop, causing the driver of the car following behind them to merely miss them by inches as he swerved to avoid them. He however couldn’t stop himself from side sweeping them with his rear end which immediately had Morgan’s head hit the back of the seat in front of her.

There was a moment of silence as all drivers held their breaths, even the one who was leading the convoy, realizing what the accident could cost them all…

Morgan slowly lifted her head, eyes scorching with anger. They met with her driver’s in the mirror.

“Just… Just turn around and get back to base quickly.” She said through clenched teeth, “Without killing me.” She added as an angry after-thought.