Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

“Pregnant??”

“Yes Ma’am, and the blood count shows that you have just gone over 3 months. So you are about 13 weeks today.”

“13 weeks??” Tristan exclaimed with wide eyes.

“Yes Sir, the conception was around February. Miss Tlou you didn’t notice your period missing?”

“Uh… well, I erh… I didn’t notice? It’s been sort off a ruff couple of months; figured I was irregular because of stress.”

“I see. Well, it happens to most women so don’t worry about it. However I am going to put you on prenatal vitamins and ensure you receive plenty of rest. Your fainting was a sign of strain on your body. So…” she turned to Tristan, “I would refrain from causing… anymore excitement for her sir.” She finished sternly.

“I understand.” Tristan murmured, his cheeks going a shade darker.

“Good! Ok, Miss Tlou, your paperwork will be done in a few, I think it’s safe to discharge you today.” She smiled and left the room.

The silence that followed was awkward. I finally risked looking at Tristan. He was staring out the window with an unreadable expression.

I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach.

“Tristan?” I whispered. Fear was gripping my body. What if he didn’t want our baby? He already has two of his own kids, adding another one would change things for him for the worst, it meant he could never get his young adult life partying and travelling whenever he felt that most people our age got to enjoy, nor would enjoy the life that he worked hard for two years to regain after Morgan dumped him with twins at 22 years old. It meant that he started all over again like he did with her, another unwanted responsibility… another disappointment.

He slowly turned to me with a glazed look in his eyes, “We are having a baby Aur… we are going to have our own little perfect creation. I-I can’t believe it…”

I almost felt dizzy as I replayed his words in my head. I had to ask myself if I had actually heard him say them or had my mind finally lost its grip and fabricated it. I looked into his eyes disbelievingly and saw the pure delight that they radiated. He looked almost disbelieving himself, but more like I-won-the-lottery type instead of this-is-crazy that I expected to find.

He regarded me back with a goofy smile that showed his struggle of trying to contain his excitement, “Please… please tell me you’re happy about this?” he asked as an after-thought, the terror quickly replacing his bliss as he rushed to my bedside and grabbed both my hands easily into his own pleadingly.

I choked, his reaction made me so emotional I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t believe my luck, or the unreal man that the Universe had cleverly set me up with me with. The tears rolled down my face silently as I tried to gather my voice.

“I… I wouldn’t want anything else. It would be a dream come true for me. You are my life Trist, you; the twins… and-and this baby…” I smiled lovingly at him.

He’s smile grew into a silly teenage-boy grin before he grabbed my face passionately and kissed me, the overwhelming intensity in his hold and kiss telling me how much it meant to him.

“I should warn you though… there goes you enjoying your twenties sex-and-the-city style; no more partying till the sun comes up; no random road trips with Kirsty and other less drunk friends, no new flavor of the week or glamourful soirees; just poop, a moody husband and I suppose three badly behaved kids since our baby will have my genes… You sure you’re not secretly going to murder me in my sleep for this?? Well, that’s if you can get to me before your father does!” he sighed dramatically and burying his head in my bosoms causing me to erupt with giggles.