Chapter 8

000000000000000

                        Hey! Too many excuses to list! Most of them valid (like me hitting a pothole n my car being messed up, but that doesn’t matter does it?! lol anyway I wrote this chapter listening to Miguel- Sure Thing… please get it! it’s a beautiful song! Dedication: @CerebralAssassin

                                                                                                            0000000000000000000000000

CHAPTER 8

I woke up with a massive headache.

It’s understandable; I haven’t stopped crying since three days ago.

I cannot however fathom why I have been crying so much, I mean, it’s not like Tristan and I ever shared something real, you know, like a kiss? A hug? A real date let alone a bed!! Nope nothing that physically proved our connection.

But then why do I feel like I have just lost the love of my life??

I shook my head in shock and leapt out of bed and stared at it like it was some sort of creature.

What the hell did I just ask myself???!!!! I definitely did not come up with that thought by myself! Tristan can NOT be the love of my life!!! … Can he? He’s a man I found attractive and haven’t been able to forget him yet, that’s all… right!

I sighed slumping my shoulders and sauntered to the sliding door, heading for my balcony like I do every morning. All this heavy heart stuff has definitely turned me into a dark and torn object; I needed some sort of escape.

I blame The Universe…

Yeah! You heard me! I blame you universe! Had you not orchestrated that day like I know you did, I wouldn’t have been anywhere near this ache I carry now!

I stood staring into the city yet watching nothing at all. My mind was cluttered and I felt like I was embodied in the busy intersection that stood right in front of me; filled with as mindless noise as the city sidewalks were at this time of the morning. Everybody was bustling about happily as they went on with life but at one specific point on that sidewalk all you would feel and hear is unnerving and restless noise that you could not run from because every time you would stop, there it was again, the truth of the city.

Ha-ha I wish I was actually still talking about the city! Having conversations with The Universe on a daily basis does that to you!

I felt like leaping into the city itself—NO!! Not like that! I would never try to commit suicide! — But rather to be engulfed into the core of the city… I felt like I was a part of its noisy and restless nature…

I wanted to feel a sense of knowing…

But in essence I should actually be one of those happy women I could see joyfully walking through life with their husbands on a Saturday morning, especially today. The weather however seemed to agree with me… today was meant to be a happy day –my wedding day- but like the grey clouds in the sky, the thought of giving up on Tristan was hanging heavily on my head.

I would never admit this but I thought for some reason my telling him I was to be married 3 days ago was going to make him come for me, somehow rescue me from the trap I had put myself in. I can’t blame him though, he was only respecting my ‘wishes’ when I told him that it would never work between us, besides, he’s “baby-mama” situation wasn’t going to just disappear was it? Somehow that didn’t change the fact that I had had a little hope bubbling inside that he would not let me go.