Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

Andi rammed in to the door.

He put all his body weight into it, operating on pure adrenaline.

The door burst open sending splinters flying everywhere.

He quickly darted his eyes back and forth, trying to get his bearings of the seemingly empty house. He heard another violent crash followed by a soft moan from the direction he figured was the kitchen and hurried towards the sounds.

As soon as he had visual of the kitchen he couldn’t help suck in a breath at the sight.

Broken plates, glasses and all sorts of kitchenware were strewn everywhere. It looked like a tornado had just swopped in.

He’s eyes automatically snapped to the movement by the door on the opposite side of the kitchen.

Thato was lifting his leg, readying himself to deliver another kick to Kirsty’s curled up battered body on the floor.

She wasn’t even crying... her slight whimpers tore through Andi’s heart.

...he saw red as he charged for Thato before the guy could even swing his foot.

Thato hadn’t noticed anybody enter the apartment, he was too busy carrying out his merciless assault to hear Andi crash through the front door. So when he was suddenly tackled down, it caught him by surprise. He’s breath was knocked out of him as he painfully landed on the ground, his head hitting the table with a thud.

“The fuck!-” he managed to say painfully before he was viciously punched in the stomach, knocking the breath out of him again.

“I’ma fucking kill you!”

“...I swear I’ma fucking break your bones one by one!” Andi growled, barely keeping control on his rage as he delivered blow by blow to the helpless Thato, not taking a moment to breathe between.

Kirsty finally screamed in panic, realizing the depth of the situation they were in, in a haze as she watched a blurry figure pummel her attacker.

Andi? She thought with hope as she crawled towards him. Her daze finally lifted as she realized that Andi’s anger was far beyond turning point... He’s going to kill him!!

“Stop! Andi stop! You’re killing him! ANDI!” she yelled as loud as she could, praying with her all that she would somehow get him off Thato’s unconscious body.

Andi finally paused as he felt her small hands pulling on him. He had his fist in the air, ready to strike again just as he heard her pleas. He took a much needed breath, trying to settle his heart rate and reel in his senses. He really was about to kill the guy.

He scooted away from Thato’s unmoving body, still keeping himself in between him and Kirsty. Protection was the only thing controlling his body as he struggled with his haggering breath.

Kirsty put her arms around him, feeling his shudder as he tried to settle his raging adrenaline.

“Breathe baby... Breathe... That’s it!” she cooed smoothly holding tightly onto him. Andi felt her whispers resonate inside him as he finally calmed down, breathing more deeply, following only the sound of her voice.

A long silence fell onto them, the only sounds coming from the audible dual heartbeats that beat in sync of each other.

Kirsty felt free. She had never in her life felt more free and protected; even before Thato showed up in her life. The thought both scared and elated her. She felt important enough...