Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

“There’s a birdie!”

“I see a birdie too!”

“There’s a blue birdie!”

“There’s a red birdie! And it’s bigger than yours!”

“Na-uh! My birdie is bigger!”

“There’s a long birdie”

“Ooh! Did you see that birdie?!”

I sighed ironically to myself as I tuned the twins’ many many many outbursts out! I had brought this unto myself when I stupidly suggested they play the “spot the birdie” game as we drove towards town from the beach house while stubbornly ignoring Tristan’s discreet warnings not to play it.

Coming out of my head I giggled in astonishment when I realized they were still at it. Looking towards Tristan accusingly (even though I knew it was my own fault), I caught his “I told you so” smirk with a trace of arrogant superiority laced all over his face as he pretended to still be watching the road in front us. I grudgingly rolled my eyes to cover my embarrassment… so what if he was right!

Glancing back at him I suddenly forgot what I had been thinking about as the sight of his bare chest filled my head…

We had just came from spending the morning on the beach having breakfast and a little fun-time in the water with the boys, and while the boys and I were dressed again, Tristan hadn’t bothered too… let alone dry off. He had just hopped into the driver seat as he was, yelling for us to get going excitedly. I had looked at him like he was insane, but now I was starting to think it was all for my benefit as I followed a lone water droplet slowly trail down his body; sparkling as it reflected sun-rays which  made his skin glint like a semi-god. I watched as his muscles flexed every time he shifted his arms on the wheel; his rock-hard abs tensing as he noticed me watching him and how his perfectly toned legs shifted between the brakes and the accelerator. A lustful sigh escaped my lips as I returned my eyes to his face, noticing that his hair was still wet and had spiked in random directions, making it look intentional…

Oh my! Sweet Jesus this man is gorgeous!!!

He sent me a wink which instantly got me blushing and looking the other way! My thoughts were swarmed with memories of the touch of his skin on mine; of his strong arms taking hold of my thighs the previous night as he made sweet love to me.

Shiver!!!!!

Instantly a hint of jealously rose up within me as a thought about the many girls who got to experience all of him before me popped into my head. Any self respecting girl would never want to share that at all! I could feel myself getting worked up when he suddenly spoke, shaking me out of my psycho rage.

“Baby… you ready for it?” he smiled.

Just that one question put me at ease. Why was I so paranoid?! Tristan loved me and me alone. I saw it in his eyes every time he looked at me; every time he touched me. But something was coming, I could feel it.

WAS I ready for it?

I knew Tristan was actually asking me about the day at the fair, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that maybe we shouldn’t be going. I thought of asking him to rather turn around and suggest we rather spend the day site-seeing since the boys seemed to like it so much.

I turned to look at the backseat and smiled at the excited faces that greeted me. The boys have been waiting all week to go to the fair for their beloved Circle-y; I couldn’t take that away from them because of a stupid feeling… besides, I was not trying to be public enemy number 1!! In a way Graham still scared the crap out of me! That kid was too smart for his own good; I wouldn’t want to be on his bad side!