Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.

Zacznij od początku

A part of me is relieved that Rahul had not been involved in what happened that night. However he is involved in defending the ones who were actually involved. Moreover he is going to be in the way of getting justice for me and Shishir by being the guilty's lawyer.

"I used to look upon Rahul as a friend." I said in a small voice looking out of the window of the car.

"He is not against you Suvi." Shishir said placing his hand on my shoulder. "He has no idea you were the girl whom Ricky had attacked. Infact Mr. Kapoor is also not aware of the identity of the girl."

I looked at him in surprise. He offered me a small smile. "Ricky had not remembered you till we confronted him that day in my apartment. I have spoken to him about this."

My heart melts at his thoughtfulness. I realise only the occupants of this car besides Rita know I was the girl Ricky had attacked. To others it was still an anonymous girl. Prema is the only family member who knows about that night.

I feel Shishir pull me closer to him. I lean and keep my head on his shoulder feeling too overwhelmed of the developments.

I still don't know what exactly happened and why. I am not worried anymore about it, I know Shishir will sort out everything.

I feel his lips on my forehead as he plants a soft kiss. I sigh feeling safe and protected in his embrace.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Break time!

A huge chapter guys. So do take short breaks.

And now we know how Rahul and Danny are involved. Suvi sure is hurt L

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Shishir's POV.

I know both Suvi and Paresh are shocked after I told them about Danny and Rahul being with Mr. Kapoor.

They are still not aware of his motive and also how he is connected to me. I cannot believe this man had been around me all this while and I had no clue he harboured such malicious thoughts against me.

The other night when I took Ricky to my study and spoke to him I found out that 'Sunny', as he was called by Ricky was someone who lived in the same apartment block as me. Slowly I had worked out the details.

Thinking back I realised he used to hardly live here. He used to say he goes visiting relatives in India. Over the past years we had not interacted much other than exchanging pleasantries whenever we came face to face.

"Now I understand why he was so keen to talk about you." I heard Paresh mutter.

"He used to talk about me to you?" I asked in surprise.

"Every time we chanced to cross paths he would ask or talk about you. I used to feel he is proud of you being a young achiever." Paresh said meeting my eyes in the rear view mirror. "They were general queries about your work, hobbies, family etc. So I never thought them to be odd."

I nodded understanding. On the pretext of being polite about a neighbour the man had been snooping around.

"One thing I don't understand is that why was he sitting quite for almost three years?" Suvi asked. "I mean ever since that night he or Ricky did not do anything else, did they?"

"He was not sitting quietly Suvi. He had been planning and implementing. He had a master plan this time that would have impacted me big way." I said quietly.

"Really? What has he been upto?" Paresh asked half turning in his seat to look at me.

"You will soon know." I said just as Charles brought the car to a stop outside my apartment.