Chapter 27

...

Y/N's POV

The cab ride to my house is a tad bit awkward. Heels in my hands, while my dress keeps riding up my thighs, and to my luck, the cab driver is a total weirdo who keeps hitting on me. I probably should've left with Liam, but he and Harry need to solve their problems because I don't plan on being the reason they completely hate each other. It's bad enough they went into a full on fist fight. I never once thought I'd ever see that happen. If anything, it's Harry's fault for being so damn persisting and not taking no for an answer.

He made his choice and so did I. I gave up on him, especially after tonight. How dare he think he could just come back like nothing happened?

It's literally so irritating that he thinks he has me at the snap of his fingers when he doesn't.

I pull my dress down again for like the tenth time. I groan and puff out of frustration because tonight was a complete disaster. I can't help but not stop thinking what Harry said to me. Was he really being serious?... Does he really.. Love me?

I know the sincerity that is within Harry, but it's just so damn hard to believe that he, all of a sudden has feelings for me. He looked so handsome tonight and I can't even deny it. Just seeing him again made my heart flutter but also made my stomach churn as those words when he told me to get out kept echoing over and over in my head.

I just need to get home, call it a night and not think of those two men who are driving me insane.

I keep checking my phone to see if I've received any texts but so far nothing. Not that I'm expecting any, but I assume Liam is fixing his shit with Harry. I can only pray..

Harry's POV

It's been at least twenty minutes since Y/N left and here I am in Niall's kitchen cleaning off the blood from my knuckles and cut right by my eye.

Liam's doing the same but we haven't said a word to each other.

Though I hate that he's around her so much, I have to give it to him. He's taken care of her this whole time and been her rock and for that I am grateful to him, but I know Y/N will never be capable of loving him even if she is trying to give them a chance.

"You know I must say Harry," Liam says while wiping his bloody knuckle with alcohol. He squeezes his hand as the disinfectant does it's job on the gashes he has, "you've got quite a punch there." Is that supposed to be a compliment?

"Same to you," I respond in a low voice. I do feel bad for getting into a fight with him, but this is the shit Y/N makes me do and I hate it because I am so crazy for that girl that I had the fucking balls to go at it with one of my best mates.

"Liam, honestly, what are you trying to get at with Y/N?" It's not that I don't trust him, he's a good guy but I know there's got to be something deeper than that.

"I could ask you the same thing there, mate," he states his point. Now that the adrenaline from that fight has fully left my body, I think I can try a more civilized conversation with him.

"Why did you come back to her when she was already doing so good? She was recovering from that pain, Harry and I know that girl well enough to know that she's going to hurt all over again."

"Liam, so much has happened in the last week and it's driving me fucking nuts. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm in love with her and I truly love her. I've been in love with her this whole time but I didn't open my god damned eyes until I saw Kendall cheat on me, that's when I realized that this whole time I was wrong," I explain myself. The images of Kendall and that guy come into my head and it makes me so mad. More at myself for never knowing about it sooner... Well I did. She told and I didn't believe her. What did I do?