Chapter 25

...

Y/N's POV

Sitting in Liam's car, my palms are getting sweaty and my heart is thumping incredibly rapid. I don't know if I can face Harry again, I don't know if I'm strong enough to keep it together seeing him with Kendall. I'm sure he's still unaware of the truth, but like I said it's not my problem. It stopped being my problem the moment he told me to go.

Mine and Liam's hands are linked together over the console of the car.

He glances over at me giving me a quick smile that surely warms my heart.

I keep biting down on my lip as we near closer to Niall's house. My leg keeps shaking involuntarily and I need to control it before it becomes too obvious. I think Liam is fully aware, he knows me more than I think he does. Finally after ten long lasting minutes, we've finally made it to Niall's place.

Tons of cars are parked all over and the music is blasting through the whole street. I don't spot Harry's car and I sort of wish he and Kendall stayed home. At the same time I don't, I want nothing more than closure and leave those two in my past and I am determined to do so, no matter how much it hurts me.

Liam and I walk hand in hand through the large backyard as he leads us to the ongoing party. "Are you sure you're ready for whatever is going to happen tonight?" He asks just before we step foot into the place. I straighten myself up, fixing my hair and sighing with semi confidence.

I turn to face him and nod, "I'm ready Liam. You said it yourself, I need this closure to be able to move on and fully commit to you. You deserve it just as much as I do."

"Don't do this for me, do it for yourself. I will wait for you at your expense. I would never pressure you." He brings the palm of my hands to his lips leaving a gentle kiss. With one last nod, he places his large hand on the small of my back as we enter the gates leading to the backyard.

There's tons of people, some familiar faces, some not so familiar.

"Y/N, Liam you guys finally made it." Niall says coming over to us with a red cup on his hand. "Babe you look great," he says scanning me up and down and I suddenly blush with shyness.

"Hey mate, eyes up here." Liam warns playfully.

"Sorry man, Y/N is a very beautiful girl, good eye man." We all laugh in sync. My eyes keep overlooking the party guests as they try to spot Harry's curly hair. He's no where to be found and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

"Are all the boys here?" I ask turning my attention back to the chatting boys.

"Yeh, well except Harry. I've called him about a million times and the guy hasn't picked up. I'm sure he'll be here soon, he's always just so busy with that girlfriend of his." He says the word girlfriend mildly bitterly. I can t help but let out a giggle as it is evident that we're all on the same page about her. "He was so off during our trip, and I'm sure it wasn't jet lag." I look up to examine Liam's facial features and they look bothersome. Although he's patient and is aware of the situation I am currently in, I know it bugs him at the mention that involves Harry and myself.

"Well I'm gonna go say hi to Zayn and Louis," I say pointing to the other direction with my thumbs.

"Want a drink?" Liam asks sweetly.

"Just don't let me over do it." Memories of the night Liam and I first kissed rush into my thoughts and also how it was the night Harry stayed the night sleeping with me. Those memories seem so distant but are very endearing to my heart. Finally after greeting the boys and letting them get back to doing what they do, I walk back to Liam and Niall. His attention quickly goes from him to me and he smiles holding up a red cup.