Chapter 4

.....

I finally make it to Harry's house. I'm sitting in my car on his driveway debating if I should do this or just turn on my car and drive back home. I mustn't though. I promised Harry I would be here and dammit I'm going through with it. As much as my body says no, my heart wants to see him. My subconscious is ready for her snarky remarks.

I walk up to the front door of his house and take a deep breath. I'm nervous and I have no clue why. This is Harry, nothing has changed. 'Except your feelings for him' my subconscious reminds me. There's no use to. shut her up, so I ignore her. I knock on the door and a few seconds later, Harry's tall frame appears right in front of me. He looks so handsome today and my heart is doing the thing. His hair is pushed back and he's wearing all black. Black jeans, black shirt, and of course black boots. Typical Harry. I shoot him a big smile. He opens his arms to hug me and with pleasure I wrap my arms around him.

I take in his scent, my most favorite scent in the world, him. We finally pull away as he closes the door. He motions me over to his living room.

"Thank you for coming. I know how stubborn you can be sometimes, but this really does mean a lot to me." He smiles widely. I remind myself that this is why I do what I do, to see my best friend happy. Even if it's for, her.

"Is um, is she here?" I say looking around the room for any sign of her.

"Yeah she's upstairs talking on the phone. She'll be down soon." I nod and take a seat on the couch. Last time I was here, Harry was tickling me and then took me to our runaway spot that I miss so dearly.

"Kendall thinks you don't like her. And neither do I since you made it pretty obvious yesterday at the party." Did she tell him everything? I was buzzed last night so hell if I said anything.

"Well Harry to put it bluntly, I don't. I just don't trust her. She gives me a bad ora and I don't like it." I state matter-of-factly. 'Also because you like him." My subconscious reminds me.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asks.

"Water?" I suggest. He nods and goes to his kitchen. He returns moments later with a glass full of ice and hands it to me.

I take a sip of the cold and refreshing water and gulp it down as it soothes down my throat.

"Thanks." He nods and sits next to me.

"You know, I really don't know why you don't like her. She was talking to me about you and she likes you. She thinks you're pretty awesome." He says. I nearly choke on an ice cube the moment the words came out of his mouth. If I could laugh I would. What kind of bullshit did she tell him?

"I beg to differ on that." I take another sip of the water.

"What makes you say that?" Oh nothing you know just that she pulled me into the other side of the room and threatened me to stay away from you or somewhere along those lines.

"I'm a girl, Harry. It's in our nature to know when a girl likes you or not. And lets be honest why would she, I'm a girl that just so happens to be your best friend." I remind him. Someone needs to teach Harry a little girl code 101.

"I doubt it. She's not that kind of girl." Oh oblivious Harry. You're not my favorite.

"How would you know, you've known her for 5 minutes." I exclaim. Shit, maybe I'm pushing it. I'm here to make amends with him not start from point zero all over again.

"Jesus, Y/N. You're frustrating." He runs his hand through his hair. He really needs a haircut. 'I bet you'd like to run your fingers through those brown locks' my subconscious is taking no mercy from me today.