Chapter 26

...

Y/N's POV

My heart stops as I hear Harry spill the words from his mouth. I may be imagining this, but it's real.

My breathing becomes really shallow and hardly any air is going through my lungs.

"What?" Is the only thing I manage to get out of me. Disbelief courses through my ears and brain and I can't process what Harry just said to me.

"You heard me and I'll repeat it again and again, I love you so much Y/N and it took all of this bullshit to finally see that I want you and only you." I realize we're both to the side of the secluded hall while everyone else is outside. I'm trying to get out of the way and go back to Liam but Harry's tall frame is no match for my height. He towers over me and his gaze is very intense as his green eyes bore into my body.

"And you expect me to believe you? Please Harry, no. You think after two months of ignoring me I'm gonna run back into your arms as if nothing happened? And what a coincidence that you oh so suddenly love me," I air quote those last two words with my fingers. Liam is probably worried that I haven't come back yet and I know he'll come in looking for me at any moment and save me from Harry who is currently keeping me hostage.

I won't lie though, having him right in front of me makes me remember about all that I have been through for him and yet I know I still love him like the idiot I am, but he doesn't deserve my forgiveness. Would I have considered it if he had apologized right away? Of course I would. I was so deeply in love with him that I didn't care what I'd have to do to have him back in my life but as time passed by, I gave up, I fully did give up.

He says nothing as his eyes dart from staring at me to the floor.

I try pushing past him again but this time he grips my upper arm tighter, gently bringing my back against the wall blocking me from going anywhere. I try putting up with a fight but there's no use. Damn me for being so weak.

He rests his right hand right next to me on the wall while his left hand caresses my cheek. I shudder at his touch, but I want to push him off. I don't want him touching me and I am not that type of girl. His long fingers trace my jaw line and I am quick to remove it slamming it down to his side.

"What part of don't touch me do you not seem to understand? Enough. Just because you finally found out that your stupid, slut of an already ex girlfriend cheated on you does not mean I am more than willing to take you back."

"Y/N, I'm here for you and because of you. Do you know how much it's fucking killing me to see you with Liam? That should be me, not him. I know you don't love him and you never will because I see that look on your eyes that tells me you still love me, like I love you." His words bring back so much Déjà vu, that was me two months ago but that is never going to be me again.

"I may not love Liam yet, but you can bet I don't love you anymore Harry." I lie. The words were hard for me to spill out, but I don't need this, not after all this time. Even I don't even believe myself but visibly his face falls for a small second but quickly he shakes it off. He's inching in closer to my face but I move my face away from his.

"What do you think you're doing?" I scoff not looking at him.

"Y/N, I don't care what you say because I know you're lying. Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't," he orders but I refuse. I need to stay strong before I break. I bet that's what he wants. He doesn't love me, he doesn't.

I look up slowly to meet his eyes. I push him back since his breathing was on me but I wasn't complaining. Even after all this time, him being so close to me gives me that same effect.